Best of Vail: Best Wine List
November 13, 2017
2. Root & Flower
3. Sweet Basil
As the name vin48 suggests, one of the main attractions at the Avon restaurant is wine. The restaurant's carefully crafted wine list is curated from around Colorado, the United States and internationally and will delight any wine lover.
"We offer more than 40 wines by the glass and half glass, and many of our selections are wines from lesser-known appellations and varietals," said vin48 owner and wine director Greg Enyon. "It's a treat to introduce our guests to new wines and broaden their wine experience."
Vin48 offers excellent versions of the standards but also boasts a constantly changing list of wine by the bottle and glass, allowing guests to discover something different or try out the bar staff's current favorite. The seasoned staff is always ready to recommend a wine or a thoughtful pairing with your meal.
"The most important consideration for us is that the wine offers value at whatever price point it resides. Most of our guests like to share a variety of dishes, and we consider this with the wine list by focusing on versatile, balanced wines that will pair with foods across the menu," Enyon said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Vail Valley businesses hurting while feds delay issuing seasonal work visas
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- In fight with rare cancer CIC-DUX4, Campbell Sullivan just wants to ski