Best of Vail: Best Workout Spot
November 13, 2017
1. Crosstraining Fitness of Vail
2. The Athletic Club at the Westin
3. Minturn Fitness Center
It's true that Crosstraining Fitness of Vail is a great spot to sweat and get strong, but it's the community that makes it truly special to its owners, coaches and members alike.
The program is designed to be efficient and effective. It's the whole workout package — cardio, core and strength training — in less than an hour.
"It's the workout for people who like to get out and do stuff," said Melissa Matthews, who co-owns the gym with husband and Crosstraining Fitness of Vail head coach Sam Matthews.
It can be hard to find a sense of community in a place that can be very transient, Melissa said, so cultivating a sense of community amongst their members has been critical to her since they opened six years ago. Outside of the gym, the Crosstraining Fitness of Vail's community can be found cleaning up an adopted trail, playing on the Crosstraining Fitness of Vail softball team, barbequing or grabbing happy hour beers together after a Friday afternoon workout.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Gypsum Town Council approves 591-unit Siena Lake proposal
- Ask a Realtor: When should I get an appraisal on my property? (column)