Best of Vail: Best Workout Spot
November 13, 2017
1. Crosstraining Fitness of Vail
2. The Athletic Club at the Westin
3. Minturn Fitness Center
It's true that Crosstraining Fitness of Vail is a great spot to sweat and get strong, but it's the community that makes it truly special to its owners, coaches and members alike.
The program is designed to be efficient and effective. It's the whole workout package — cardio, core and strength training — in less than an hour.
"It's the workout for people who like to get out and do stuff," said Melissa Matthews, who co-owns the gym with husband and Crosstraining Fitness of Vail head coach Sam Matthews.
It can be hard to find a sense of community in a place that can be very transient, Melissa said, so cultivating a sense of community amongst their members has been critical to her since they opened six years ago. Outside of the gym, the Crosstraining Fitness of Vail's community can be found cleaning up an adopted trail, playing on the Crosstraining Fitness of Vail softball team, barbequing or grabbing happy hour beers together after a Friday afternoon workout.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Best of Vail
- Brothers arrested in Garfield, Eagle drug trafficking ring
- Vail Valley’s 2018 graduating seniors: a salute
- Minturn’s 5,000-gallon-a-day water loss in the Union Pacific mobile home park (letter)
- Runoff has already peaked from Vail Valley-area rivers; there’s concern for summer
- Eagle County pledges $500,000 to jump start mental health services; Mental Health Advisory Committee named