Cardboat Boat Regatta returns
August 20, 2018
Corrugated cardboard, duct tape, caulk and glue are on the list of suggested supplies for the Avon Recreation Center's second annual Cardboard Boat Regatta, which takes place on Saturday, Aug. 25. The free event, with more than $1,000 in prizes up for grabs, is open to children and adults. Competitors will navigate their cardboard craft in Nottingham Lake, and judges will determine winners in the categories of fastest boat, most creative design, most dramatic sinking and crowd favorite.
Registration for the free event begins at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, and the regatta will begin at 11 a.m. A complete list of guidelines is available at http://www.avonrec.org/cardboard.
Awards, a raffle and a pop-up strings concert will follow the race. The concert will take place at the Avon Performance Pavilion Event Terrace beginning at noon.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Catherine Kelley’s murderer pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Riverwalk Theater in Edwards has new owners and is now serving beer, wine
- Negative effects of legal marijuana rising, law enforcement task force study finds
- Utah man arrested near Eagle, suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle
- Pre-dawn fire engulfs Eagle Ranch home as eight engines from around Vail Valley rally to fight blaze