CarniVail brings a slice of Mardi Gras flair to Vail, Feb. 25-26, 28
February 22, 2017
VAIL — From a crawfish boil to Mardi Gras festivities at the base and on-mountain, CarniVail returns to Vail Saturday and Sunday, with additional parties in Vail and Lionshead villages on Fat Tuesday.
"CarniVail promises to bring New-Orleans-style fun and Mardi Gras merriment back to Vail this year," said Phil Metz, senior director of marketing at Vail and Beaver Creek. "From live music to Cajun cooking and apres parties, Vail Mountain is transformed to embody the spirit of Mardi Gras. Vail Mountain welcomes families and friends alike to a weekend packed full of Mardi Gras festivities and celebrations."
• Noon to 2:30 p.m. — World's Highest Low-Country Crawfish Boil at Eagle's Nest on Vail Mountain; menu includes a combo plate with crawfish, sausage, corn and new potatoes, plus a la carte gumbo, etouffee, king cake, hurricanes and beer specials. Festivities also include live music by Johnny Schlepper and Friends.
• 3 to 6 p.m. — Bud Light CarniVail Party at Express Lift at the base of Gondola One in Vail Village; Bud Light beer and other draft beer specials, plus apres drink and food specials such as chicken wings, Colorado sausage platter, cheese curds and more. The party also features giveaways, including a Bud Light cruiser bicycle, and live acoustic music from Dave Estes.
Recommended Stories For You
• Noon to 2:30 p.m. — Mardi-Gras at Mid-Vail on Vail Mountain; menu features New Orleans-style gumbo, jambalaya and beignets, plus live entertainment from The Sessh.
• 3 to 6 p.m. — Bud Light CarniVail Party at Express Lift at the base of Gondola One; Bud Light beer and other draft beer specials, plus apres drink and food specials such as chicken wings, Colorado sausage platter, cheese curds, giveaways and more.
• 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. — CarniVail Party at Express Lift at the base of Gondola One in Vail Village.
• 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. — CarniVail Apres Party at Tavern on the Square at The Arrabelle at Vail Square in Lionshead Village.
For more information, visit http://www.vail.com/carnivail.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Vail Ski Swap will return for 49th year on Oct. 26
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- 7 great hikes in and around the Vail Valley
- Iconic rock band Kansas to play anniversary concert the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek
- Relationships: the roots of infidelity
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships