Chaplain Obvious – aka Captain Obvious – marries Denver couple at Vail Golf & Nordic Clubhouse
August 7, 2018
Captain Obvious has been helping make oblivious travelers aware of Hotels.com deals and services through TV commercials. During wedding season, Captain Obvious is transforming into Chaplain Obvious to legally marry deserving couples.
Denver couple Michael and Melissa Nelson, originally from Chicago, were married by Hotels.com's Chaplain Obvious at the Vail Golf & Nordic Clubhouse on Saturday, Aug. 4.
The Nelsons are globetrotting college sweethearts with a love for travel. The couple was looking for a unique, envy-inducing way to surprise their guests while still "doing them" on their big day, and Chaplain Obvious helped the couple create a special wedding day.
"Our lives literally revolve around travel, whether we are exploring the world together, or helping others do the same," said newly-minted Mr. and Mrs. Nelson. "When it came to our wedding, it was important that we 'do us' and share our love for travel in a unique and fun way, and including Chaplain Obvious in our big day was the best way we knew how! Hotels.com is our go-to, and we love that they gave us the opportunity to bring our love to life in such a personal way."
Trending In: Entertainment
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode
- Skier rushed from Beaver Creek, pronounced dead at 85