Cookbook author visitng the Bookworm of Edwards
September 18, 2018
The plant-based diet revolution isn't a fad. It's a culinary style on which British chef Celia Brooks has based her life's work.
Brooks is in town on Thursday, Sept. 20, at The Bookworm of Edwards for a culinary lecture and demonstration celebrating her newest cookbook, "SuperVeg." Accessible to home cooks and professionals, the book teaches readers to experiment with more vegetables in their diet.
"SuperVeg" shares 100 recipes for the 25 healthiest vegetables on the planet. The vegetables were evaluated based on Brooks' matrix of power and joy. Power is dependent on the high nutrient density or health-boosting nutrients in abundance and joy is the versatility, deliciousness and accessibility of each vegetable.
Brooks wants to challenge chefs to cook without a meat centerpiece — to learn how fun, creative and fulfilling it can be.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Warning issued for Edwards residents after 8-10 mountain lions seen roaming neighborhoods
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- O. J. Simpson spotted in Vail, posing for selfies
- Storm could bring up to 14 inches of new snow to Vail and Beaver Creek
- WATCH: Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode