County to offer pressure canning workshop
October 11, 2018
Colorado State University Extension and the Master Food Safety Advisors are hosting a lecture and workshop on pressure canning at high elevation from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 20, at the Golden Eagle Senior Center.
Canning for vegetables
Community members will have the opportunity to learn research-based methods for preserving food safely with a pressure canner. Pressure canning is the only recommended method for canning meat, poultry, seafood and vegetables.
This session will focus on pressure canning for vegetables. Participants should bring an apron, sack lunch and a water bottle.
The cost of the workshop is $25. Pre-registration and payment are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 15, to the CSU Extension Office, located at 441 Broadway St., in Eagle.
Acceptable forms of payment include cash or a check made out to CSU Extension. Early registration is encouraged, as the class size is limited.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information or for help with registration, contact CSU Extension at 970-328-8630 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move