Eagle Valley Land Trust’s first Garden to Glass winner: ‘Save the Bee’s Knees’ (recipe)
September 1, 2017
EDWARDS — Ryan Souto and Scott Robinson, of The Rose in Edwards, are the winners of the first-ever mixologist competition — Garden to Glass — at the Eagle Valley Land Trust's fundraiser on Aug. 17.
Souto and Robinson, with support from the bar's owners Bryan and Jessica Redniss, took the win this year with their cocktail creation named "Save the Bee's Knees."
Local mixologists from The Rose as well as Root & Flower, Terra Bistro, 10th Mountain Whiskey & Spirit Company, Boxcar and Vail Catering Concepts faced off in the Garden to Glass cocktail reception using a secret ingredient that was announced just days before the event — Colorado lavender.
The winner was selected by Garden to Glass attendees, who sampled each cocktail during the reception and cast their vote.
The winning recipe
"Save the Bee's Knees"
Recommended Stories For You
Peach and lavender infused bourbon
Lavender honey syrup
Topped with a lavender peach dry soda
Garnished with a lavender sugar coated dehydrated peach chip and powdered lavender
For more information about the Eagle Valley Land Trust, visit http://www.evlt.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife