Eagle Valley Library District launches Lucky Day Collection
March 30, 2018
Certain books and movies at local libraries can be hard to snag, with book lovers and movie buffs quick to reserve and renew the newest hits.
The Eagle Valley Library District — which includes libraries in Avon, Eagle and Gypsum — wants to spread the readership, and viewership, with its Lucky Day Collection, which features bestsellers and movies that can be instantly borrowed on a first-come, first-served basis.
No hold or renewal
The deal is books and movies in the Lucky Day Collection can't be put on hold or renewed.
Library members can only have two Lucky Day items checked out at a time, and titles go out for seven days. Fines for late returns will accrue at $1 per day.
"The books and movies in this collection are selected based on the community's tastes for new and trending titles," said Amy Gornikiewicz, the collection development and readers advisory librarian at the Eagle Valley Library District. "We think our patrons will enjoy walking in and finding items they used to have to wait for weeks to read or watch."
Recommended Stories For You
Lucky Day Collection items will be on a special shelf near the entrance of each library. The collection will be continuously updated with newer in-demand titles.
Lucky Day items will be available at the Avon, Eagle and Gypsum public libraries. For more information, visit http://www.evld.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Vail Valley entrepreneur launches bikes into a new niche in the e-bike world
- Hardscrabble Ranch plan, and name change options, will be unveiled Wednesday night, Sept. 19
- Accused murderer Jacob White scheduled to plead and be sentenced Friday, Sept. 21, in Catherine Kelley case
- Eagle County Open Space celebrates new motocross park in Gypsum
- Vail Valley boy suffers only minor injuries after colliding with food truck