Benderz Burgers in Avon serves best burger off I-70
February 22, 2018
Editor's note: This article was previously published as a paid feature in EAT, a compendium of restaurant snapshots featuring the best in Vail Valley dining. Look for it on newsstands everywhere.
Your choices begin as soon as you walk through the door. Before you are two restaurant options: There's Northside Kitchen on the left, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner every day (see story on adjacent page). And to the right is Benderz Burgers, which, according to Denver's Westword Magazine, serves the top burger on I-70.
Benderz may be a traditional burger bar, but that's pretty much where tradition stops. Offering gourmet build-your-own burgers and sandwiches, the combinations of mouth-watering eats are endless. Each burger is six ounces of 100-percent fresh and never frozen Certified Angus Beef, and come in single, double and triple options. The hand-formed patties are cooked to temperature with an abundance of topper choices, such as bacon, mushrooms, grilled onions, bleu cheese and creamy thousand island dressing. There's also a few unconventional toppings such as fried egg…if you've never tried it, do!
If you're really hungry, try the Philly Cheesesteak. They make 'em with thinly sliced prime rib and everything else you'd expect on this monster meal.
But don't miss out on the Skinny Benderz. The BBQ Tuna includes a seared ahi tuna filet, citrus cole slaw and barbecue sauce on a homemade bun. As for the Chicken Pesto, melted provolone and herbaceous pesto give the griddled chicken breast a bit of va-va-voom. It's so nice when being virtuous coincides with flavorful satisfaction.
On the Side
Recommended Stories For You
And what would a burger be without a sidekick of fries? Hungry diners have a selection of crispy ride-alongs, from Cajun waffle fries, sweet potato fries and garlic fries to fried green beans and onion rings.
Some may want to polish off this all-American meal with one of a dozen famous flavors of Anne and Mann's all-natural, homemade ice cream & shakes. Others may choose to take advantage of the popular option to upgrade to one of the 10 beers on tap at $4 a pint. Either way it's a guaranteed win. Be sure to look for specials and perks posted in the Vail Daily for more Benderz secrets and restaurant happenings. You never know what kind of crazy specials Noah Bender and the Benderz team will come up with.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Northside Kitchen is charming breakfast spot by day transforming to elegant fine dining spot by night
- Benderz Burgers in Avon serves best burger off I-70
- Historic Anderson’s Cabin located at Beaver Creek
- Feast without the fuss: Restaurants offer traditional Thanksgiving spreads
- Montauk in Lionshead focuses on service, atmosphere and food
- Jury rules for Vail Resorts in skier death case. Upper Prima Cornice was closed where Taft Conlin died in an in-bounds avalanche
- Vail Valley churches, law enforcement plan for protests by Westboro Baptist Church
- Legal aspects of Taft Conlin case more about behavior after Colorado Supreme Court’s decision kept out most avalanche evidence
- Vail Resorts’ expert witness says ski company closed Prima properly, as Taft Conlin skier death case heads into final days
- Victim ID’d after arrest made in suspected West Glenwood Springs murder of homeless man