Breckenridge Brewery, Vail Resorts release collaboration session IPA
December 20, 2016
LITTLETON — Breckenridge Brewery and Vail Resorts have created a special beer to be featured on draft at the ski company's resorts in Colorado and the Midwest. At 4.5 percent alcohol by volume, the easy-drinking Bumps & Jumps Session IPA falls into the session category, which typically denotes beers of 5 percent or less ABV.
"The ultimate goal for Breckenridge Brewery and Vail Resorts was to create a beer for the active and outdoorsy — a beer that could be enjoyed alongside meals or on its own throughout every season," said Todd Usry, president and brewmaster of Breckenridge Brewery. "Bumps & Jumps Session IPA is just that."
According to the brewers' notes, the classic IPA hops in Bumps & Jumps lend citrusy aromas and tropical flavors to the crisp and refreshing beer, with hints of tangerine and pineapple. It is intended to satisfy when taking a break from winter's cold and satiate after a day in the summer sun, the brewery said.
"It's a challenge to brew a great session IPA," Usry said. "You want strong hop character with well-balanced body, and to do so while keeping the alcohol level low can prove difficult. Our brewers rose to the occasion, though. Bumps & Jumps is a flavorful beer that you can have one or two of and still get back out there for more fun."
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Feast without the fuss: Restaurants offer traditional Thanksgiving spreads
- Offseason deals, Part 2: Offseason specials at restaurants in Edwards, Minturn and Vail
- Bistro Fourteen
- Christmas in Vail: Belly up to a holiday feast at valley restaurants
- High Altitude Baking: Staub’s apple cake with cream sauce (recipe)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon