Chefs Kevin Erving, Ron Jackson join Beaver Creek culinary team
February 7, 2017
BEAVER CREEK — Beaver Creek Resort recently announced the appointment of Kevin Erving to the position of executive chef at Beano's Cabin and Ron Jackson to the position of executive chef at Zach's Cabin. Both Erving and Jackson bring with them more than 30 years of knowledge and experience in kitchens domestically and abroad.
"We are pleased to welcome chef Kevin and chef Ron as the new executive chefs at Beano's Cabin and Zach's Cabin," said Mike Friery, senior director of mountain dining for Beaver Creek. "Their creative, passionate, sensible and simple approach to food fits perfectly with the contemporary, fresh Colorado fare found at our on-mountain fine dining establishments."
Erving grew up in the Pacific Northwest and started his culinary journey in Seattle more than 30 years ago. He landed a job with The Four Seasons Hotel and Resort at the age of 19 as a cook, shucking oysters and making salads. Erving's career with The Four Seasons took him to The Ritz Carlton Chicago, The Four Seasons Vancouver, The Four Seasons Manele Bay and The Lodge at Koele on the tiny island of Lana'i, Hawaii.
Erving joins Beaver Creek most recently from the Four Seasons Resort in Vail, where he held the position of executive chef. In his time there, he was responsible for the enhancement of Flame and the creation and launch of The Remedy Bar food concept. He is passionate about food, quality and seasonal ingredients.
Jackson is a born and raised Coloradoan who started his culinary career more than 30 years ago with Marriott Hotels and Resorts, traveling to Lake of the Ozarks, Chicago, Costa Mesa and San Francisco. Jackson's career landed him abroad, as the opening chef for the Hyatt Regency in Cologne, Germany; Birmingham, England; and Madaline, France. His extensive experience in five-star hotels and fine-dining establishments led to opportunities to cater two G8 Summits and the European Defense Minister Convention.
Recommended Stories For You
Additionally, Jackson held positions at The Boulevard Bar and Brasserie in Covent Garden in London. He joins Beaver Creek most recently from The Historic Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs, where he held the position of executive chef since 2007.
Beano's Cabin is located atop the slopes of Beaver Creek, nestled in a mountain meadow at the base of Larkspur Bowl. Zach's Cabin is perched on the mountainside with sweeping views of Bachelor Gulch. Both restaurants are accessible in the winter by an open-air sleigh ride. For more information on Beano's Cabin, call 970-754-3463. To learn more about Zach's Cabin, call 970-754-6575.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Feast without the fuss: Restaurants offer traditional Thanksgiving spreads
- Offseason deals, Part 2: Offseason specials at restaurants in Edwards, Minturn and Vail
- Christmas in Vail: Belly up to a holiday feast at valley restaurants
- High Altitude Baking: One-bowl fall bundt cake (recipe)
- High Altitude Baking: Sweet potato pie with sugar-pecan topping (recipe)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect