Crazy Mountain Brewery opens tasting room in Chicago
October 15, 2016
EDWARDS — Crazy Mountain Brewing Co., based in Edwards, opened a tasting room this week in the heart of downtown Chicago. The brewery is partnering with internationally renowned chef Richard Sandoval to open a Crazy Mountain Cervezeria inside of Latinicity, a sprawling food hall featuring a range of Latin-inspired eateries in Block 37 at State Street and Randolph in The Loop district.
Latinicity showcases a twist on Latin street food at this eclectic experience, featuring 10 kitchens, a tapas restaurant, coffee cafe, market, lounge and now a cervezeria with Crazy Mountain craft beer. There will be a large variety of beer on tap that will pair with the selection of food stalls, including artisanal Latin sandwiches (tortas); fresh sushi and ceviche; Peruvian-style stir-fry blended with Asian flavors; Brazilian smoked, grilled and roasted meats; zesty salads; fresh seafood prepared with Latin cooking styles and ingredients; design-your-own tacos, burritos and bowls; burgers and hot dogs with a Latin kick; and hearty, comforting stews and soups.
Crazy Mountain's tasting room is located in the center of Latinicity food hall and offers year-round brews, as well as specialty releases and seasonal styles.
'Share our brand with America'
"Every year, we have so many Chicagoans visiting the Vail Valley that we are thrilled to bring our handcrafted Colorado ales and lagers directly to the Windy City," said Kevin Selvy, CEO and brewmaster of Crazy Mountain. "Craft beer enthusiasts can get fresh Crazy Mountain beer on tap and in bottles and cans from the Cervezeria inside Latinicity.
"This out-of-state tap room is a first for Crazy Mountain, and we are pleased to share our brand with America. It will be great to bring some of our laid-back, rugged Rocky Mountain lifestyle to the heart of the bustling city."
Recommended Stories For You
To launch the Cervezeria, Crazy Mountain and Latinicity hosted a four-course dinner and beer pairing dinner on Thursday, Oct. 13, and a Grand Opening Happy Hour party on Friday, Oct. 14. The Crazy Mountain Cervezeria in Latinicity will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday. There will be beer on tap, beer to go, a nightly Happy Hour and several special beer and food pairing events throughout the season.
For more information, please visit http://www.latinicity.com.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Feast without the fuss: Restaurants offer traditional Thanksgiving spreads
- Christmas in Vail: Belly up to a holiday feast at valley restaurants
- Offseason deals, Part 2: Offseason specials at restaurants in Edwards, Minturn and Vail
- High Altitude Baking: One-bowl fall bundt cake (recipe)
- High Altitude Baking: Sweet potato pie with sugar-pecan topping (recipe)
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire