Executive Chef Marc Copenhaver takes helm at Frost Creek in Eagle
August 2, 2015
EAGLE — After cooking in kitchens from coast to coast overseeing a wide range of cuisines and working in the kitchens of some of Vail's most sought-after restaurants, chef Marc Copenhaver has landed at Frost Creek, one of the Vail Valley's newest dining experiences. Copenhaver serves as executive chef and manages the restaurant, event catering and the wine program at the Frost Creek Clubhouse, which is open to the public for lunch and dinner.
Copenhaver is a 25-year veteran of the hospitality industry with experiences that include serving as executive sous chef for the luxury retreat Auberge de Soleil in Napa Valley, executive chef at the Cape Fear Country Club in North Carolina and owning and operating Marc's on Market with his wife Sara in Wilmington, North Carolina. He has also cooked in the kitchens of Vail's Sweet Basil and Larkspur, where he most recently served as chef de cuisine for two seasons.
Copenhaver said he's eager to bring his varied experience to Frost Creek and surprise members of the club and the public alike with what a country club restaurant can offer.
"We don't want to approach this as just a country club. I hope people will get the sense that the food here will be as good as any restaurant up and down the entire valley," Copenhaver said. "I want to raise the expectations of the dining public with our attention to detail and the seasonal nature of the cuisine."
Copenhaver's ever-changing menus will reflect his belief in the creative preparation of exceptional, quality ingredients sourced from around Colorado as much as possible. For dinner, you might find fresh local fish, or a Colorado-raised rib eye prepared with a unique twist. Sunday brunch has already proven to be an opportunity for Copenhaver to have some fun, dishing out crowd favorites such as lobster and grits or the unconventionally delectable Velvet Elvis sandwich featuring peanut butter and Nutella.
He encourages diners to come out for a meal while enjoying Frost Creek's beautiful views of the New York Range and Sylvan Lake State Park.
Recommended Stories For You
"The views are amazing. It's truly a destination, really a special place to come," he said.
Frost Creek is open to the public for lunch from Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., with the bar open until 6 p.m. Dinner is available Fridays and Saturdays from 5 to 9 p.m. Reservations are encouraged for dinner by calling 888-760-2326. Sunday brunch is served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with the bar open until 6 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.frostcreek.com.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Feast without the fuss: Restaurants offer traditional Thanksgiving spreads
- High Altitude Baking: Sweet potato pie with sugar-pecan topping (recipe)
- Christmas in Vail: Belly up to a holiday feast at valley restaurants
- Offseason deals, Part 2: Offseason specials at restaurants in Edwards, Minturn and Vail
- Building a little dining empire at the Gypsum Creek Center
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum