La Tour hosts French wine dinner with Paul Wasserman, Oct. 26
If you go …
What: Wine dinner with Peter Wasserman.
When: Seatings start at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26.
Where: La Tour Restaurant & Bar, 122 E Meadow Drive, Vail.
Cost: Dinner is $57, and wine pairings are $59.
More information: Call 970-476-4403, or visit latour-vail.com/#events.
• First course — Smoked trout, trout caviar and oyster aioli, paired with NV Huré Freres, Champagne Reserve L’invitation Brut.
• Second course — King crab, brioche, maitake and hollandaise, paired with 2014 Jean Claude Bessin, Chablis, France.
• Third course — Duck menage a trois, paired with 2013 Denis Bachelet, Gevery Chambertin, Vielles Vignes, Burgundy, France.
• Fourth course — Colorado lamb tian, paired with 2013 Terre de Chardons, “Chardons Marie” Costiere de Nimes Rouge, Rhone Valley, France.
• Dessert course — Fig financier with hazelnut and crème anglaise, paired with 2009 Domaine Marcel Deiss “Vendanges Tardives” Late Harvest Riesling.
VAIL — La Tour Restaurant chef-owner Paul Ferzacca and master sommelier Roland Micu will host Paul Wasserman, of Becky Wasserman and Co., one of the foremost importers of family-owned French estates, for a special food and wine experience at the Vail Village restaurant. Seatings begin at 5 p.m., and Wasserman will speak about the wines from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Wasserman has spent his entire adult life as a purveyor of fine wines, specializing in Burgundy. He grew up in Burgundy after his family relocated there when he was a child. Wasserman and his brother Peter are known as some of the leading wine professionals working in the United States today.
Burgundy is considered to have some of the best chardonnay and pinot noir in the world, and the Wassermans are one of the first importers of these wines, as well as having one of the top portfolios in the world featuring these varietals and grower-produced Champagnes.
Dinner is $57 per person, and wine pairings are an additional $59. For reservations, contact La Tour Restaurant & Bar at 970-476-4403, and to view the full menu for the dinner, visit http://www.latour-vail.com/#events.