Offseason deals, Part 1: Valley restaurants show their love for the locals
Did we miss you?
Did we miss your dining special? Email arts and entertainment editor Krista Driscoll at email@example.com to be added to our restaurant contact list.
Editor’s note: This is the first part of a two-part series on offseason dining deals. For a list of deals at Edwards, Gypsum, Minturn, Vail and Wolcott restaurants, pick up a copy of the Vail Daily on Thursday.
It’s shoulder season, and Eagle County restaurants are showing their appreciation for their local clientele by offering special menus and discounts until the snow flies. Here, we’ve rounded up all the deals we could get our hands on, as well as closure dates for restaurants so you can plan your next dining excursion.
Please note that inclusion in this article does not guarantee a discount, as specials are subject to change. Contact individual establishments for more information.
• Agave (1060 W. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-748-8666) serves up $1.50 beef or chicken crispy tacos from 5 to 10 p.m. every Tuesday, plus a $5.95 daily lunch special.
• Benderz Burgers (20 Nottingham Road, 970-949-1423) has an $8.95 combo special, with a 1/3-pound hamburger, fries and a soda; after 5 p.m., add $1 to the price and upgrade the soda to a draft beer. The restaurant also is offering $3 draft beers all day, with 10 options to choose from.
• Boxcar Restaurant (182 Avon Road, 970-470-4121) is open Tuesday through Saturday, with the following specials from 4 to 6 p.m. through Saturday, Nov. 5: Boxcar cheeseburger and fries, $12; pretzel roll with horseradish creme fraiche, beer cheese sauce and whole-grain mustard, $5; and popcorn with unlimited refills, $5; beverage specials including $2 Labatt, $4 Left Hand Oktoberfest, $5 jalapeno house margarita, $6 select glasses of wine and a $6 rotating seasonal cocktail. Boxcar will close Sunday, Nov. 6, and reopen Tuesday, Nov. 22, and also will be closed Thanksgiving Day for a private party.
• Fiesta Jalisco (240 Chapel Place, No. 129, 970-845-8088) is offering 20 percent off the entire bill and happy hour drinks all day every day, from open to close, with $3.99 house margaritas and beer, through Monday, Oct. 31; dine-in only.
• Get the lunch buffet at Gondola Pizza (240 Chapel Place, No. 113, 970-845-6000) Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; it’s $9.99 for adults and $4.99 for children ages 3 to 10 and includes all-you-can-eat salad, pizza, three homemade soups and drinks. Or get a large two-topping pizza for $10.99, dine in or carry out.
• Green Elephant Juicery (150 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-470-4042) is open every day and has put together a 40-hour cleanse, with five juices and three shooters for $70.
• Loaded Joe’s (82 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., No. 104, 970-748-1480) has premiered JAC, or Joe’s Afternoon Club; join for $29 and get one draft beer every day for six months. The restaurant and bar will be closed on Monday, Oct. 24, and Tuesday, Oct. 25.
• At Maya Modern Mexican Kitchen & Tequileria in The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa (126 Riverfront Lane, 970-790-5500), two dine for $49, including choice of one appetizer, two entrees and one dessert. The offer is available nightly until Sunday, Dec. 11, except over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
• Montana’s Smokehouse (82 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-949-7019) serves an $8 football menu during all televised football games, both college and NFL, or come by for $2 Tuesdays, with $2 drafts and well drinks from 10 to close. The restaurant has also added a soup of the day for the fall and winter for $5.
• Northside Kitchen (20 Nottingham Road, 970-949-1423) has a trio of specials for the fall season: a three-course meal, with a choice of three appetizers, entree and choice of three desserts, which rotate nightly, for $29.95; a selection of $20.95 entrees; and 20 percent off bottles of wine. Some restrictions apply; call for details.
• Pazzo’s Pizzeria (82 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-949-9900) will be open every day through the shoulder season. Clip the coupon from the Sunday and Monday editions of the Vail Daily to get an 18-inch, three-topping pizza for $13.50.
• The Blue Plate (48 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-845-2252) is offering 50 percent off all liquor and wine bottles, all day, every day, plus a daily happy hour in the bar from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. with 50 percent off tapas, $5 wine and $2.50 beers. The restaurant is closed on Sundays.
• Vin48 (48 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-748-9463) has a daily happy hour from 5 to 6:30 p.m., and all large plates are $18 during dinner service.
• 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill in the Park Hyatt (50 W. Thomas Place, 970-827-6600) will be serving its Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week $20.16 special through Thursday, Nov. 17. The deal includes a choice of one of three starters and one of five entrees, capped with a dessert of either blueberry financier lemon curd or bourbon chocolate chip pecan pie dulce de leche.
• Beaver Creek Chophouse (15 W. Thomas Place, 970-845-0555) is offering 20 percent off the entire bill through Sunday, Oct. 23. The restaurant will be closed Monday, Oct. 24, through Tuesday, Nov. 15, reopening for business Wednesday, Nov. 16.
• Black Diamond Bistro in the Charter Hotel (120 Offerson Road, 970-845-3198) is currently closed through Sunday, Nov. 20, reopening Monday, Nov. 21, with happy hour and dinner service.
• Blue Moose Pizza (76 Avondale Lane, 970-845-8666) is continuing its slice card promotion through Saturday, Oct. 29. If you purchased a 10-slice card during Vail Beaver Creek Restaurant Week, it will be valid until then. The restaurant will close Sunday, Oct. 30, through Friday, Nov. 4.
• Fireside Grill in The Osprey at Beaver Creek (10 Elk Track Road, 970-429-5042) is closed until Beaver Creek Resort opens on Wednesday, Nov. 23.
• Golden Eagle Inn (118 Beaver Creek Plaza, 970-949-1940) is serving two-for-one entrees with the purchase of a bottle of wine through the end of October. The restaurant will be closed Sunday, Nov. 6, through Thursday, Nov. 17, reopening Friday, Nov. 18.
• Grouse Mountain Grill in the Pines Lodge (141 Scott Hill Road, 970-949-0600) is continuing its fall three-course special, with a select appetizer, entree and dessert from the chef’s three-course tasting menu for $39. The special runs through mid-November.
• Hooked (122 Beaver Creek Plaza, 970-949-4321) is currently serving its regular menu and will be closed Sunday, Oct. 23, through Thursday, Nov. 17, reopening Friday, Nov. 18.
• Mirabelle (55 Village Road, 970-949-7728) is offering 50 percent off entrees for any dinner reservation before 7 p.m. The restaurant will be closed Sunday, Oct. 23, through Tuesday, Nov. 22, reopening Wednesday, Nov. 23.
• Revolution at the Beaver Creek Lodge (26 Avondale Lane, 970-845-1730) is closed through Friday, Nov. 18, reopening Saturday, Nov. 19.
• Rimini Gelato & Chocolate (45 W. Thomas Place, 970-949-6156) is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays until November and closed every day from Tuesday, Nov. 1, to Sunday, Nov. 20.
• SaddleRidge Restaurant (44 Meadow Lane, 970-754-5450) is currently closed and will reopen for dinner on Saturday, Dec. 3.
• Splendido at The Chateau (17 Chateau Lane, 970-845-8808) is closed for remodeling and will reopen Tuesday, Nov. 15.
• The Dusty Boot (210 Offerson Road, 970-748-1146) will be closed Monday, Oct. 31, through Wednesday, Nov. 9, reopening Thursday, Nov. 10.
• The Metropolitan (210 Offerson Road, No. 201C, 970-748-3123) is closed and will reopen Monday, Nov. 21, with service from 3 to 10 p.m.
• Toscanini (60 Avondale Lane, 970-754-5590) is closed and will reopen Saturday, Nov. 19.
• Brush Creek Saloon (241 Broadway St., 970-328-5279) serves up happy hour food and drink specials any time there’s an NFL game on TV.
• Moe’s Original Bar B Que (630 Grand Ave., 970-337-2277) is open through the shoulder season but will be closed in the afternoon Wednesday, Nov. 23, and all day Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 24.
• Pastatively (94 Market Drive, 970-328-7324) is continuing its year-round Crazy Tuesday special, with a choice among seven or eight different entrees for $12.95 every Tuesday.
• Paradigms (343 Capitol St., 970-328-7990) is offering 50 percent off the main course with purchase of an appetizer. It is closed on Sundays.
• Pazzo’s Pizzeria (50 Chambers Ave., 970-337-9900) will be open every day through the shoulder season. Clip the coupon from the Sunday and Monday editions of the Vail Daily to get an 18-inch, three-topping pizza for $13.50.
• Red Canyon Cafe (128 Broadway St., 970-328-2232) has year-round daily specials, including Monday Madness, with a reduced-price lunch combo; Turkey Tuesday, with $1 off turkey sandwiches; Wrapped-Up Wednesday, with $1 off wraps; and Free Cookie Friday, where you get a free cookie with the purchase of a lunch combo, which includes a sandwich, chips and a drink.
• The Dusty Boot (1099 Capitol St., 970-328-7002) serves a special football menu during all NFL games, with a pound of wings for $9.99, mac and cheese wedges for $7.99, chili cheese fries for $5.99, pretzel bites for $.5.99, $10 buckets of Coors, Coors Light or Miller Light bottles, $10 Coors or Coors Light pitchers and $12 microbrew pitchers. Sunday Brunch football specials, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. include a farm-fresh breakfast for $8.99, roadhouse burrito for $10.99, huevos rancheros for $8.99, veggie frittata for $9.99, $5 traditional bloody marys, $5 mimosas and $8 house-infused bloody marys.
• Ristorante Ti Amo (40928 U.S. Highway 6, 970-845-8153) is doing a locals’ dinner special, with a free carafe of house Chianti and two free soups or salads, Caesar or mista, with the purchase of two entrees, as well as a selection of wine bottles for $20.
• Route 6 Cafe (40801 U.S. Highway 6, 970-949-6393) is serving a three-course meal for $17.95, which includes soup or salad for the first course, choice of three dinner entrees that change nightly and choice of dessert.