Starbucks offers free drinks at certain stores; find locations online
December 27, 2016
SAN FRANCISCO — Starbucks aims to drum up holiday sales with promises of free espresso drinks this season — as long as you're in the right store.
On Friday, select Starbucks stores began hosting 1,000 Pop Up Cheer Parties over 10 days, where customers can enjoy free tall handcrafted espresso beverages, from mochas to chestnut praline lattes.
The event will be held at 100 Starbucks stores in the United States per day, from 1 to 2 p.m. local time, over 10 days. The locations will change daily and will be listed on starbucks.com/cheer and Twitter with the hashtags #FindCheer and #10daysofcheer.
Customers also can visit participating Starbucks stores to receive a "cheer card" that will provide discounts on beverages, lunch items and other items for 10 Days of Cheer.
Trending In: Food & Drink
- Feast without the fuss: Restaurants offer traditional Thanksgiving spreads
- Christmas in Vail: Belly up to a holiday feast at valley restaurants
- High Altitude Baking: Sweet potato pie with sugar-pecan topping (recipe)
- Offseason deals, Part 2: Offseason specials at restaurants in Edwards, Minturn and Vail
- Bistro Fourteen
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Vail Resorts, local business groups announce Merchant Pass options for 2018-19