Jon Anderson show marks re-opening of Vilar’s May Gallery
On Wednesday, Aug. 21, Jon Anderson, a founding member of the rock band Yes, played and sang solo works and Yes classics at the Vail Valley Foundation’s Vilar Performing Arts Center.
Within the Vilar Performing Arts Center is the prestigious and recently renovated May Gallery. The gallery is open each show for patrons to enjoy conversation, refreshments and music. Larueen Hopkins Interior Design completed the remodel, which now features Swarovski crystal chandeliers and deep blue settees. The design is meant to evoke the elegance of classic theaters.
Also new to the gallery is a rotating art show, currently featuring work from artists represented by Knox Galleries and Paderewski Fine Art. Guests got to check out the new May Gallery before Anderson’s show.
Only 25% of the $4 million required to operate the Vilar Performing Arts Center comes from ticket sales. The remaining 75% is raised through corporate and individual contributions. Charitable donations make it possible for the Vilar staff to continue bringing high caliber performing artists to Beaver Creek.
Support Local Journalism
There are different levels of VPAC support and membership, depending on amounts of giving. For more information, contact Owen Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-748-6670, or donate online at vilarpac.org.
In addition to financial support, the Vilar Center relies heavily on their incredible VPAC volunteers who are tirelessly dedicated to sustaining and enhancing the quality of life within the Vail Valley from an educational, cultural and community-based perspective.
Betty Ann Woodland is a longtime local who covers social events of all kinds. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Vail, Beaver Creek and Eagle Valley make the Vail Daily’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User