Ice castles returning to Dillon in December
October 2, 2018
A famed winter experience will return to Dillon this season, bringing millions of tourism dollars with it.
Tens of thousands of people are projected to visit the Ice Castles in the Dillon location this winter, resulting in an economic impact of approximately $3 million for area businesses.
Beginning in late November, professional ice artisans will begin growing and harvesting up to 10,000 icicles each day to create the life-size fairytale-like playgrounds. The Dillon Ice Castles location will feature ice-carved tunnels, fountains, slides, frozen thrones and towers that reach up to 40 feet high.
LED lights frozen inside 25 million pounds of ice will be synced to music at night.
The Dillon Ice Castles' location is projected to open the end of December.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Vail Ski Swap will return for 49th year on Oct. 26
- 7 great hikes in and around the Vail Valley
- Iconic rock band Kansas to play anniversary concert the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek
- Relationships: the roots of infidelity
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships