Iconic singer-songwriter Don McLean to perform at Vilar Performing Arts Center
August 20, 2018
As any musician knows, writing a hit song is a challenge. For a singer-songwriter, penning one of the most iconic songs of the 20th century seems nearly impossible. However, Don McLean did just that when he released "American Pie" in 1971. Don McLean will perform at the Vilar Performing Arts Center on Thursday, Aug. 23, at 8 p.m. Tickets are $85 and are available now at the box office.
In 2018, Don McLean released his latest album, "Botanical Gardens," which featured many songs about romance and heartbreak.
"I like beautiful music," McLean said in an interview with USA Today. "I always loved the bel canto way of singing … When I was 19 or 20, I was pretty happy to be another folk singer trying to get a job. The songs I sang then came close to what I wanted to say. So I decided to write new songs that said exactly what I wanted to say."
At age 72, Don McLean continues to play intimate concerts filled with classic songs and never-heard-before stories.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Mountain Dew Snow Dance announces lineup, free events at Breckenridge
- New Edwards grab-and-go eatery makes gourmet convenient
- An expert’s guide to skier parking in Vail and Avon
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Cheap ski gear for sale at Colorado Ski & Snowboard Expo this weekend
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife sends public reminder after sickly mountain lion kitten removed from private home
- Vail’s Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Vail Valley-based Hackernoon using equity crowdfunding to fuel new growth
- Eagle County struggles with record number of suicide deaths in 2018
- Is the Vail Valley’s good early snow a sign of more powder through the winter?