Monopoly coming to Vail
November 9, 2018
As the winter season rolls in, it's time to start thinking about the holidays — which means it's time to start thinking about gifts.
Coming this December will be a new spin on a classic game: Vail Monopoly.
Katherine and Dane Chapin, who own licensing rights to Hasbro's Monopoly franchise, have collaborated with local businesses to create a version of the game that focuses on the Vail community. Lisa Baker, a partner in the project also served as a “driving force” behind the development.
Iconic Vail locations
Each of the squares will feature iconic locations around Vail, such as Sweet Basil and Vail Pass. Vail Lifestyle Magazine and the Vail Daily are serving as additional sponsors, and Vail Jazz Foundation will receive a portion of the profits to support the entertainment and education that they bring to the valley.
Games will be sold beginning Friday, Dec. 7, and will be available for purchase at Gorsuch, Buzz's Boards, the Vail Daily — which will also launch an online store for the game — and more to be announced soon.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019