Monopoly coming to Vail
November 9, 2018
As the winter season rolls in, it's time to start thinking about the holidays — which means it's time to start thinking about gifts.
Coming this December will be a new spin on a classic game: Vail Monopoly.
Katherine and Dane Chapin, who own licensing rights to Hasbro's Monopoly franchise, have collaborated with local businesses to create a version of the game that focuses on the Vail community. Lisa Baker, a partner in the project also served as a “driving force” behind the development.
Iconic Vail locations
Each of the squares will feature iconic locations around Vail, such as Sweet Basil and Vail Pass. Vail Lifestyle Magazine and the Vail Daily are serving as additional sponsors, and Vail Jazz Foundation will receive a portion of the profits to support the entertainment and education that they bring to the valley.
Games will be sold beginning Friday, Dec. 7, and will be available for purchase at Gorsuch, Buzz's Boards, the Vail Daily — which will also launch an online store for the game — and more to be announced soon.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn full speed ahead in return to slopes