New collaborative brew at Vail Brewing Co. and Bonfire Brewing
October 25, 2018
Collaboration is a value that's highly appreciated in the valley. That's why Bonfire Brewing — with its new head brewer Zach Kaplan — and Vail Brewing Co. have teamed up to create a new brewski.
Tapping on Saturday, Oct. 27, the beer, named Make I-70 Great Again, will be available at both Bonfire Brewing in Eagle and Vail Brewing Co.'s Eagle-Vail location.
About the beer
The beer is a kellerweis-style that uses a blend of lager and hefeweizen yeasts and fruit forward German hop varietals.
According to Kaplan, the aroma has slight hefeweizen esters with citrus and melon.
"Make I-70 Great Again was brewed to please both the normal brewery patron as well as the beer nerd connoisseurs throughout the Vail Valley," Kaplan said.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Former Denver Broncos quarterback Chad Kelly formally charged with felony trespassing
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum
- Vail’s events funding group praised; 13 new events to be funded in 2019