New collaborative brew at Vail Brewing Co. and Bonfire Brewing
October 25, 2018
Collaboration is a value that's highly appreciated in the valley. That's why Bonfire Brewing — with its new head brewer Zach Kaplan — and Vail Brewing Co. have teamed up to create a new brewski.
Tapping on Saturday, Oct. 27, the beer, named Make I-70 Great Again, will be available at both Bonfire Brewing in Eagle and Vail Brewing Co.'s Eagle-Vail location.
About the beer
The beer is a kellerweis-style that uses a blend of lager and hefeweizen yeasts and fruit forward German hop varietals.
According to Kaplan, the aroma has slight hefeweizen esters with citrus and melon.
"Make I-70 Great Again was brewed to please both the normal brewery patron as well as the beer nerd connoisseurs throughout the Vail Valley," Kaplan said.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Obituary: Harald Ernst Fricker, Jan. 13, 1960 – Jan. 8, 2019
- Colorado women dominated Sports Illustrated list of fittest athletes in the world
- Chris Anthony: The underwater search for a missing piece of 10th Mountain history
- Vail’s Lindsey Vonn full speed ahead in return to slopes