Oak Ridge Boys to Shine the Light at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek
October 3, 2018
Country Music Hall of Famers The Oak Ridge Boys will shine the light on Christmas on Saturday, Dec. 15, at 7:30 p.m. at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek.
The first half of the evening will showcase 40 years of chart-topping hits selected from more than 40 albums the group has released.
After the intermission, the stage will be converted into a Colorado-style holiday scene where Duane Allen, Joe Bonsall, William Lee Golden and Richard Sterban backed by The Mighty Oaks Band will perform favorite Christmas standards along with their own Christmas and gospel favorites.
Dozens of country hits
The Oak Ridge Boys have spawned dozens of country hits and a number one pop smash, earned Grammy, Dove, CMA and ACM awards and garnered a host of other industry and fan accolades.
Recommended Stories For You
The group has scored 12 gold, three platinum, and one double platinum album — plus one double platinum single — and has more than a dozen national No. 1 singles and over 30 top ten hits.
The group has sold more than 41 million albums.
Tickets are on sale at the VPAC box office by calling 970-845-8497 or ordering online at http://www.vilarpac.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced, with Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats and more
- Riverwalk at Edwards welcomes new grab-and-go restaurant
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Top 5 things to do around the Vail Valley this weekend
- 7 great hikes in and around the Vail Valley
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon