Offseason dining, part 1: Vail Valley restaurants offer smoking deals
Did we miss you?
We’re using a new database to collect information for dining roundup articles such as this one. If your restaurant special or closure wasn’t included here, then we need your contact information to update our database. Email Editor Krista Driscoll at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Agave (1060 W. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-748-8666) will be open through Friday, culminating the winter season with a celebration of Cinco de Mayo with specials and live music — $1 tacos, $2 drafts, $3 margaritas and $5 house-aged tequila or rattlesnake tequila shots. The party starts at 2 p.m. and lasts until 2 a.m. Agave will then be closed through Tuesday, May 23, reopening Wednesday, May 24.
• Boxcar Restaurant (182 Avon Road, 970-470-4121) will be open from 4 to 10 p.m. seven days a week through mud season. Happy hour specials offered from 4 to 6 p.m. daily include the Boxcar cheeseburger for $12, pretzel roll for $5 and unlimited popcorn for $5.
• Green Elephant Juicery (150 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-470-4042) is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Sundays through mud season, with 25 percent off shelf items daily. The West Vail drive-thru is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, and the Lionshead location is closed until June.
• At Maya Modern Mexican Kitchen & Tequileria in The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa (126 Riverfront Lane, 970-790-5500), Two Dine for $49, including a choice of one shared appetizer, two entrees and one shared dessert for $49, available nightly until Thursday, June 15.
• Vin48 (48 E. Beaver Creek Blvd., 970-748-9463) began its $20 large plates offseason special on Friday, April 21.
• 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill in the Park Hyatt (50 W. Thomas Place, 970-827-6600) is open for lunch, dinner and happy hour through mud season. Lunch runs from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., with specials on Burger & Beer — a beef burger, fries and draft beer — for $14 or Salad & Wine, with a chophaus, spring mix or bistro Caesar salad and glass of house wine for $14. Dinner is 5:30 to 10 p.m., with a three-course meal, including choice of one appetizer, one entree and one dessert from the restaurant’s al la carte menu, for $35. Happy hour from 2 to 5:30 p.m. features 50 percent off bar menu food, the Burger & Beer deal, $4 draft beer, $6 glasses of house wine and $6 specialty cocktails.
• Beaver Creek Chophouse (15 W. Thomas Place, 970-845-0555) is closed until Friday, May 26, reopening Saturday, May 27.
• Black Diamond Bistro in the Charter Hotel (120 Offerson Road, 970-845-3198) closed through Thursday, May 25, reopening Friday, May 26.
• Blue Moose Pizza (76 Avondale Lane, 970-845-8666) is closed for the offseason through Thursday, May 25, reopening at 5 p.m. Friday, May 26.
• Dusty Boot Roadhouse (210 Offerson Road, 970-748-1146) is closed until Memorial Day weekend.
• Golden Eagle Inn (118 Beaver Creek Plaza, 970-949-1940) is closed until Tuesday, May 23.
• Grouse Mountain Grill in the Pines Lodge (141 Scott Hill Road, 970-949-0600) is open nightly through mud season, offering a Chef’s Spring Tasting Menu with three courses for $39; all items also available a la carte. Visit http://www.grousemountaingrill.com to view the full menu.
• Mirabelle (55 Village Road, 970-949-7728) is closed through Wednesday, May 24, reopening Thursday, May 25, for summer season.
• SaddleRidge Restaurant (44 Meadow Lane, 970-754-5450) is open for private functions only through the summer, reopening for dinner service next winter.
• Splendido at The Chateau (17 Chateau Lane, 970-845-8808) is closed through Thursday, June 1, set to reopen Friday, June 2.
• The Metropolitan (210 Offerson Road, No. 201C, 970-748-3123) is closed through Wednesday, June 14, reopening Thursday, June 15.
• The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch (130 Daybreak Ridge Road, 970-748-6200) is open year-round for the first time in almost 10 years. The newest restaurant Wyld is also open, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. All other resort restaurants — Buffalo’s, Bachelors Lounge, Daniel’s Bar & Grill and Espresso Chair 16 — are closed through Thursday, May 25, reopening Friday, May 26.
• Toscanini (60 Avondale Lane, 970-754-5590) is closed for mud season through Thursday, June 1, reopening Friday, June 2.
• Expert Burger (313 Chambers Ave., 970-328-1291) is open through mud season, with a daily locals’ deal of a cheeseburger, traditional hand-cut fries and a drink for $11. Make your drink a beer for $1 more.
• Ristorante Ti Amo (40928 U.S. Highway 6, 970-845-8153) will be closed through Thursday, May 11, reopening for dinner service on Friday, May 12.
• Route 6 Cafe (40801 U.S. Highway 6, 970-949-6393) is offering a three-course dinner for $20, including soup or salad, an entree and a dessert, from 5 to 9 p.m. daily.
• Cafe Milano (429 Edwards Access Road, 970-926-4455) is offering a stock-your-freezer special: Buy 10 two-person take-and-bake meals and get the 11th free.
• Main St. Grill (97 Main St., Unit W101, 970-926-2729) is serving up 12 for $12 on Tuesdays through mud season, with 12 select entrees for $12 each.
• Mixtura (34500 U.S. Highway 6, Unit B1, 970-569-2440) has three courses for $24.99 or buy one, get one 50 percent off anything on the menu through mud season.
• The Bookworm of Edwards Cafe (295 Main St., 970-926-7323) is open all spring and will be offering weekly specials. Hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
• The GashouSE (34185 U.S. Highway 6, 970-926-3613) is open through mud season, with 30 percent off entrees or 30 percent off bottles of wine and a $23.95 game, seafood and steak combo platter.
• Vista at Arrowhead (676 Sawatch Drive, 970-926-2111) is closed until Memorial Day weekend, reopening Friday, May 26, for dinner and Saturday, May 27, for lunch and dinner.
• Zino Ristorante (27 Main St., 970-926-0777) is offering two courses for $31 on select menu items and 25 percent off bottles of wine through mud season.
• Kirby Cosmo’s (474 Main St., 970-827-9027) hosts wing night on Mondays, with 50-cent wings from 5 to 8 p.m. (dine-in only, must order in quantities of four), and Tuesday nights are buck-a-bone night, with barbecue ribs for $1 each (dine-in only, no limitations on quantities). Both deals run until Memorial Day weekend.
• The Minturn Saloon (146 Main St., 970-827-5954) is closed for the offseason through Thursday, May 18, reopening Friday, May 19, with locals’ dinner specials, including Bruce’s Big Angus Burger with fries and a draft beer for $12, ahi or mahi mahi fish taco and a draft for $12 or a Mexican plate with choice of enchilada, relleno or chimichanga with rice and beans for $12, plus deals on drafts and bottles of beer, house margaritas and more. The Saloon also will feature a daily happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m. with drink specials, and the deck will be open for the summer.
• Alpenrose Restaurant & Bakery (100 E. Meadow Drive, No. 25, 970-476-8899) will be closed Friday, May 5, through Monday, May 15, for cleaning, reopening Tuesday, May 16.
• Blue Moose Pizza (675 Lionshead Place, 970-476-8666) is closed for the offseason through Thursday, May 25, reopening at 5 p.m. Friday, May 26.
• Bully Ranch at the Sonnenalp Hotel (20 Vail Road, 970-476-5656) will have happy hour from 3 to 6 p.m. in the restaurant and bar and 9 to 11 p.m. in the bar only, plus daily specials, through Thursday, May 25. Happy hour deals include $4.50 mudslides, $4 drafts, $5 select wines and $5 wells, as well as $3 fish tacos, $1 wings and $6 truffle tots. Daily specials are as follows: Monday, pot pie for $15; Tex-Mex Tuesday, with 20 percent off nachos, fajitas and shrimp tacos and $9 margaritas; Wednesday, $1 wings; Thursday, slider-beer combo, with three sliders and a draft beer for $15; Friday, fish and chips for $15; Saturday, short rib for $19; Sunday, 14-ounce prime rib for $23, $10 pretzel and $4 drafts all day.
• Expert Burger (616 W. Lionshead Circle, 970-476-4393) is open through mud season, with a daily locals’ deal of a cheeseburger, traditional hand-cut fries and a drink for $11. Make your drink a beer for $1 more. The Lionshead Village location is also now serving breakfast, with on-the-go sandwiches, biscuit and sausage gravy dippers, cinnamon-sugar biscuits with cream cheese frosting, French toast and more. The restaurant will close for one to-be-determined day to place a larger gas line to the building for outdoor heaters and to accommodate the expanded gas needs for Little Diner.
• Flame in the Four Seasons Vail (1 Vail Road, 970-477-8650) is bringing back Sir Loins’ Tango this spring, with dinner for two on Friday and Saturday evenings for $81.50, including one appetizer to share, two entrees and a side. Applies to certain menu items only. The restaurant is closed Sundays through Thursdays.
• King’s Club at the Sonnenalp Hotel (20 Vail Road, 970-476-5656) is closed through Wednesday, May 17, reopening Thursday, May 18.
• May Palace (2109 North Frontage Road W., Unit A, 970-476-1657) will slash 25 percent off your bill during mud season, dine-in only; does not apply to takeout.
• Nudoru Ramen Bar (2161 North Frontage Road W., 970-476-7570) will be closed Monday, May 8, through Saturday, May 13, reopening Sunday, May 14, with a couple of shoulder season specials. Buy a small plate or appetizer with a ramen bowl and get a complimentary side of house-made kimchi; happy hour is 2-for-1 beer, wine and house sake and runs from open to close on Mondays.
• Pendulum (232 Bridge St., 970-470-4803) is closed through Tuesday, May 30, reopening Wednesday, May 31.
• The Swiss Chalet at the Sonnenalp Hotel (20 Vail Road, 970-476-5656) is closed through Tuesday, May 23, reopening Wednesday, May 24, with 20 percent off your entire check through Thursday, June 8.
• The Remedy Bar in the Four Seasons Resort Vail (1 Vail Road, 970-477-8600) hosts happy hour from 4 to 6 p.m. daily, with 50 percent off draft beer and glasses of wine. Daily specials are as follows: Monday, $5 draft beer; Tuesday, $10 Remedy Single burger; Wednesday, $7 Prosecco; Thursday, $15 all-you-can-eat wings; Friday, half-price desserts; Saturday, $15 whiskey flight of Tin Cup, Stranahan’s and Breckenridge; Sunday, 50 percent off bloody marys and mimosas from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• White Bison (223 Gore Creek Drive, 970-763-5470) is closed through Tuesday, May 23, reopening Wednesday, May 24.