Photo: Four chances to see The Sessh for Mardi Gras, Feb. 24-28
February 23, 2017
The Sessh kicks off a local run of Mardi Gras madness with a New Orleans-inspired night of music at the Vail Ale House at 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, followed by an appearance at the 14th annual Talons Challenge apres celebration at Talons Deck from 1:45 to 3:45 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25. On Sunday, Feb. 26, the band will play the CarniVail Mardi Gras at Mid-Vail party on Vail Mountain from noon to 12:30 p.m., and the series of shows concludes with a free show at Main Street Grill in the Riverwalk at Edwards on Fat Tuesday, Feb. 28, starting at 10 p.m. The Sessh is a four-piece funk project made up of Trevor Jones on guitar, Alana Dym on drums, Raulton Riechel on keyboards and Cristian Basso on bass. Catch the band's new lineup before it releases its new CD April 20 and heads to New Orleans for Jazz Fest. Visit http://www.contrabassomusic.com to learn more.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019