Plan your week with these upcoming Vail Valley activities
August 28, 2017
Monday, Aug. 28
Make your dog famous for a day — Have you submitted to Daily Dogs yet? The Vail Daily is featuring two dogs per day. Visit http://www.VailDaily.com/Dogs and have your dog answer a few questions.
Tuesday, Aug. 29
Spend a day on the trail — Join a certified guide and wilderness first responder to discover some of the most beautiful destinations in the Vail area via Walking Mountains Science Center's Nature Center atop Vail Mountain. Hikers should come prepared to spend the day on the trail, including bringing lunch, rain gear and plenty of water. Cost is $80.
Recommended Stories For You
Wednesday, Aug. 30
Enjoy music at Nottingham Park — The free Avon Live Summer Concert Series continues each Wednesday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Visit www. Avon.org.
Thursday, Aug. 31
It's a Vail Jazz Party — The Vail Jazz Festival culminates in the biggest local jazz party of the year, featuring some of the best in jazz from early morning to late evening from Thursday through Monday, Sept. 4. Visit http://www.VailJazz.org.
Friday, Sept. 1
Get ready for a busy weekend — Gourmet on Gore, Beaver Creek Oktoberfest, Vail Rotary Duck Race (win $1 million?), farmers markets and more take place Labor Day Weekend. (Don't forget your sunscreen!)
Trending In: Entertainment
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first