Plan your week with these Vail Valley activities
November 6, 2017
Monday, Nov. 6
Get rid of extra Halloween candy
Treats for Troops is a national candy collecting project of Soldiers' Angels, which delivers leftover Halloween candy overseas to U.S. military members. Through Sunday, Nov. 12, drop off candy at Vail and Lionshead welcome centers, the Vail Public Library or the town of Vail municipal building.
Tuesday, Nov. 7
Recommended Stories For You
'The End of Snow' kicks of Sustainable Film Series — Walking Mountains Science Center's seven-month Sustainable Film Series begins with a film documenting snow in Colorado and Wyoming. The series features a film the first Tuesday of each month at Loaded Joe's in Avon and the third Tuesday at The Dusty Boot in Eagle. All shows are free. Visit http://www.WalkingMountains.org/films.
Turns books into art — The Bookworm of Edwards hosts a Book Sculpture Workshop with Alpine Arts Center at 6 p.m., creating hanging or standing pieces of art out of books. Cost is $25 and all materials are provided. Visit http://www.BookwormOfEdwards.com.
Wednesday, Nov. 8
Talking teen depression — Eagle River Youth Coalition presents more Eat Chat Parent conversations about teen depression on Tuesday, Nov. 7, at WECMRD in Gypsum and at Battle Mountain High School on Wednesday. Dinner at 5:30 p.m. is followed by a presentation and Q-and-A until 7:30 p.m. The events are free and can be presented in English and Spanish. Call 970-949-9250.
Thursday, Nov. 9
Rob Drabkin closes out Underground Sound — Singer-songwriter Rob Drabkin went to college with the intention of becoming a doctor, but his focus quickly changed after a family trip to New York. Drabkin closes out the Underground Sound Series at the Vilar Performing Arts Center. Single tickets for the 7:30 p.m. show are $30. Visit http://www.VVF.org.
Friday, Nov. 10
It's Opening Day somewhere Breckenridge and Keystone resorts are set to open for the season. Copper Mountain is also shooting for an opening on Friday. Vail opens next Friday, Nov. 17.
Trending In: Entertainment
- An expert’s guide to skier parking in Vail and Avon
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced, with Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats and more
- Vail-themed Monopoly game to feature iconic locales, benefit non-profits
- Where to spend New Year’s Eve in Vail
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Vail Pass Rest Area death ruled a suicide
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Vail Resorts has sold about 925,000 passes of all kinds for this ski season