Plan your week with these Vail Valley activities
November 13, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 14
Get a jump on the holidays — Local paper artist Helen Hiebert will lead a workshop at Alpine Arts Center creating several projects from her 2018 how-to book/calendar for your home or to give as gifts. The calendar is filled with 12 fun paper projects for the whole family to create. Cost is $30, plus $65 for the materials. Visit http://www.AlpineArtsCenter.org.
Wednesday, Nov. 15
Movie night at the brewery
Recommended Stories For You
Bonfire Brewing presents the Eagle premier of "This is Home," the first full length feature film from The Faction Collective following skiers as they return to their respective bases around the world, revisiting old playgrounds, favorite lines and new challenges. There will be giveaways, from custom ski poles to Faction swag. Check out Bonfire Brewing on Facebook.
Thursday, Nov. 16
Combining Vail, Edwards and Avon into 'Edvonavail' — The Vail Symposium presents a free community conversation about regional cooperation and consolidation in the Antlers at Vail at 5:30 p.m. Rob Levine and other longtime locals and community leaders will lead the conversation. Visit http://www.VailSymposium.org.
Learn the Science Behind A Living Earth — Walking Mountains Science Center and special guest Martin Ogle will explore the interconnectedness of our living and nonliving systems during a two-hour presentation Cost is free with a $5 suggested donation. Other upcoming events in the Science Behind series: Coffee (Dec. 7); Mountain Meteorology (Jan. 18). Visit http://www.WalkingMountains.org.
Friday, Nov. 17
Opening Day at Vail — Where will you be when the lifts start turning at Vail on Friday? Look for breakfast burritos, music and swag giveaways — all typical happenings on Vail's Opening Day.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Actress Gwyneth Paltrow facing lawsuit after Utah skiing accident
- An expert’s guide to skier parking in Vail and Avon
- Tinseltown Talks: Don Collier still living the Western life
- Actress Rebel Wilson medically rescued from Aspen slopes citing the ‘vibe’
- 15 ways to entertain kids while vacationing in Vail
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte on Saturday
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- 4 Colorado State Patrol troopers hit in 4 days
- Lost skier at Steamboat Resort finds cellphone in lift shack to call for help
- Arapahoe Basin cuts ties with Vail Resorts, unlikely to join Ikon Pass