Radio Free Minturn hosts fund drive to support community radio on 107.9 FM
August 4, 2018
Radio Free Minturn hosts its semi-annual fund drive Aug. 5-11, asking listeners, businesses and valley residents to make a donation that will be matched up to $10,000 during the drive.
Donations help cover expenses to continue programming on 107.9 FM, streaming online as well as improve and replace existing equipment.
The station is a charitable nonprofit, all volunteer run organization that is 90 percent funded by listeners. Radio Free Minturn gives a voice to nearly 30 local DJs who carefully craft music into a weekly show for listeners and fans.
All nonprofits in the valley receive free airtime to help spread the word about the organization through public service announcements with no commercial interruptions and genre-free music selections. It's a creative space for students to express their burgeoning musical appreciation.
Radio Free Minturn offers several ways to support community radio. Make a donation through Colorado Gives by going to radiofreeminturn.org and clicking "Support." Businesses may become underwriters and receive recognition for their support by emailing email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
During the fund drive week, gifts will be offered to listeners who call in to make a donation.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Vail, Beaver Creek to open early for 2018-19 season
- Forest Service authorizes Golden Peak plan, Vail Mountain’s first expansion since Blue Sky Basin
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Vail Valley winter air service includes more flights from several cities
- Jonny Moseley, a ski bum touting a ski rum