Something for everyone at Beaver Creek Oktoberfest
September 4, 2018
Bavarian culture reigned supreme between Saturday, Sept. 1, and Sunday, Sept. 2, as Oktoberfest took place in Beaver Creek.
The event offered a slew of food options including bratwursts and sauerkraut, much like you'd find in the traditional festival held in Munich.
Beer, Beer and More Beer
In addition to the food, there was, of course, beer. Although the selection was small, there was hardly a single guest without a cup, mug or stein in their hand. Part of the beer-related fun was a stein holding competition, in which competitors held two out at arm's length until they simply couldn't any more.
Each night of the event featured a tribute band to entertain audiences, The Killer Queens (an all-female Queen cover band) was featured on Saturday, and ZoSo, the Ultimate Led Zeppelin Experience, took to the stage on Sunday.
Live music from bands Trachtenkapelle and The Helmut Fricker Band were also featured.
Recommended Stories For You
Each day also included best dressed and brat eating competitions.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Best of Vail 2018 winners (full list)
- Line cut leads to CenturyLink internet outages; service expected to be restored by 10 p.m. Tuesday
- Woman found in Vail Dumpster requests exclusion of police testimony from trial, scheduled for February
- Vail Opening Day is here! See live updates
- Sunny skies, fresh powder and free parking at Vail Opening Day 2018