Stanley Hotel partners with AEG to bring more musical acts
October 11, 2018
Scott Campbell wasn't exactly desperate for another room to book.
"On a given day I work on everything from Red Rocks and the Ogden and the FirstBank Center to the Bluebird and Gothic," said Campbell, the vice president of talent for Denver-based promoter AEG Presents Rocky Mountains. "Not to mention the Larimer Lounge, Globe Hall, Lost Lake and festivals like Polofest, Velorama or the Westword Music Showcase."
But when presented with the chance to book regular shows at the Stanley Hotel — Estes Park's 109-year-old lodge that provided the inspiration for Stephen King's "The Shining" — he was happy to add another name to his list.
"The Stanley Hotel is an immersive experience for fans and artists that you don't really get in any other place in Colorado," he said. "When you stay in the hotel it's not uncommon to see the band hanging out in the packed bar 'til 2 in the morning. It's just a beautiful, boutique landmark of a place and everyone who goes there has a great time."
Read the full story via The Denver Post.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced, with Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats and more
- Riverwalk at Edwards welcomes new grab-and-go restaurant
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Top 5 things to do around the Vail Valley this weekend
- 7 great hikes in and around the Vail Valley
- Arson on the mountain: Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were country’s worst eco-terrorist attack
- Standoff near Breckenridge between police and armed suspect
- Fire is burning north of Dotsero, near Sweetwater resort
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Hahnewald barn’s proposed first move would cost $390K, take up 12 parking spaces in downtown Avon