Support Starting Hearts at The Westin in February
January 31, 2018
AVON — The Athletic Club at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa is raising funds for the Vail Valley's Starting Hearts this February with several special events. Starting Hearts is a local nonprofit dedicated to saving the lives of sudden cardiac arrest victims through free CPR and DEFIB training and access programs.
The Athletic Club at The Westin's schedule of February events to support Starting Hearts includes:
Edible Education — Food RX: Eating for Heart Health
When: Tuesday, Feb. 6, at 5:15 p.m.
Where: The Lift.
More information: This lecture is led by certified master nutrition therapist Christine Pierangeli. Cost is $10 with all proceeds going to Starting Hearts.
Recommended Stories For You
Heart Hero 5K Run/Walk and Kids 1K
When: Saturday, Feb. 10, at 9 a.m.
Where: Gondola Plaza.
More information: This event is led by XTERRA world champion Josiah Middaugh. Cost is $15 for adults, $5 for kids and $25 for families. Additional donations to Starting Hearts will be appreciated.
A Heart Opening Restorative Yoga Practice
When: Saturday, Feb. 10, at 4 p.m.
Where: The Athletic Club.
More information: This community yoga class is led by Tara Goike, followed by chocolates and wine. Cost is a $15 donation to Starting Hearts, with additional donations accepted.
The Athletic Club at The Westin offers more than 60 group exercise classes weekly, including CompuTrainer, master swim, Pilates barre, peloton, vinyasa flow, group reformer, TRX and aerial yoga. For more information, visit http://www.athleticclubwestin.com.
New member promotion: Join in February and a portion of your initiation fee will be donated to Starting Hearts. Individual memberships start at $149 per month and family memberships start at $220 per month.
For more information on Starting Hearts, visit http://www.startinghearts.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Vail Ski Swap will return for 49th year on Oct. 26
- 7 great hikes in and around the Vail Valley
- Iconic rock band Kansas to play anniversary concert the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek
- Relationships: the roots of infidelity
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy, Eagle Valley High School go 1-2 at state mountain biking championships