Vail Dance Festival brings Dancing in the Park to Avon
August 8, 2017
AVON — The Vail Dance Festival presents Denver contemporary ballet company Wonderbound on Wednesday, Aug. 9, in a free show at Nottingham Park.
The family friendly performance takes place at the Avon Performance Pavilion at 5:30 p.m., and gates open at 4:30 p.m.
Food and beverage are available for purchase at the event, and blankets, lawn chairs and picnics are allowed. Not alcohol is allowed in, and pets are asked to be kept at home.
Free parking is available on town streets and the Avon Recreation Center and Mikaela Way lots.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Wonderbound is known for it innovation, pushing the boundaries of tradional dance theater through the use of multimedia and creative collaborations with musical artists.
Recommended Stories For You
The Dancing in the Park series takes place for the third year in Avon as part of the Vail Dance Festival, the two-week celebration of exceptional artists.
For a complete listing of free Avon events, visit http://www.avon.org/events.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- An expert’s guide to skier parking in Vail and Avon
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced, with Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats and more
- Where to spend New Year’s Eve in Vail
- Vail-themed Monopoly game to feature iconic locales, benefit non-profits
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019