Vail Snow Days return Dec. 8-10; The Greyboy Allstars to headline
November 7, 2017
VAIL — The Greyboy Allstars will headline Vail Snow Days, Vail Mountain's signature kickoff event to the winter season. Eminence Ensemble will open the show on Saturday, Dec. 9.
"Vail Snow Days sets the tone for the season and is one of the most iconic winter events at Vail," said Phil Metz, senior director of marketing at Vail Mountain. "The overall schedule of events for Snow Days is more robust this year, and we believe the mix of entertainment opportunities, as well as family-friendly activities, will bring a new life and energy to Vail and help us kick off the season in style."
The Vail Snow Days concert is free of charge and will be held at Solaris Plaza in Vail Village. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the show starts at 6 p.m. The schedule of activities for Vail Snow Days will also include the return of the sponsor expo village, apres parties and family skating and s'mores.
Vail Mountain will open for winter operations on Friday, Nov. 17, and Vail Snow Days is the first of multiple signature events Vail will host during the 2017-18 season. Skadi Vail, a women's-only ski and snowboard fest, and Vail Holidays, a family holiday celebration, will both return this winter season.
About The Greyboy Allstars
The Greyboy Allstars came together in 1994, when the individual members were asked to perform at a record release party. The guys enjoyed playing together so much that they decided to continue on as a band.
Recommended Stories For You
The Greyboy Allstars started playing weekly at San Diego's now defunct Green Circle, weekends at San Francisco's Elbo Room and various clubs throughout Europe. By playing danceable boogaloo music within the soul jazz genre, they became a national and international phenomenon.
The lineup of the band remains nearly the same as it did on their breakthrough, Karl Denson on horns and vocals; Robert Walter on keyboards; Elgin Park (aka Michael Andrews) on guitars and vocals; and Chris Stillwell on bass. Original drummer Zak Najor has passed the baton on to Aaron Redfield, an old friend of the band and frequent collaborator.
About Eminence Ensemble
Eminence Ensemble's ability to bend genres so fluidly (specifically prog rock, funk and soul), meticulously and with purpose sends fans on a unique journey at each show.
The six-piece Denver-based band heads down the rabbit hole with soulful vocals and playful lyrics that reach new levels of transcendence. No Eminence Ensemble show is like another and no fan leaves unscathed.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced, with Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats and more
- An expert’s guide to skier parking in Vail and Avon
- Another side of Shakey Graves at Belly Up Aspen
- Four days of Snow Days begins Thursday
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip