Vail Valley Art Guild at Gypsum Public Library
October 4, 2018
The Vail Valley Art Guild is sponsoring an exhibit that runs through the month of October at the Gypsum Public Library. The featured artist is Ben Pond, who has creates large graphite images.
Pond is an artist and educator, based in Eagle. He currently serves as a faculty member at the Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design. Pond has previously served as lecturer and gallery director at Indiana University Bloomington, and instructor of art at Colorado Mountain College in Edwards.
Exhibits across the country
Among numerous national and regional exhibitions, Pond has participated in exhibitions at Hyperlink Gallery in Chicago, RedLine Gallery in Denver, The Toledo Museum of Art in Ohio, South Bend Museum of Art in Indiana, Museum of North Carolina Asheville Tucker Cooke Gallery, Stewart Center Gallery of Perdue University, the Clara Hatton Gallery at Colorado State University and Ohio State University Hopkins Hall Gallery.
Pond's artwork has been published in drawing and poetry journals, including "Ninth Letter," Manifest Creative Research Gallery and Drawing Center's "International Drawing Annual 7" and "Poetry East."
Also included in the exhibit are works by local photographers.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats and Shakey Graves to headline Vail Snow Days
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced, with Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats and more
- An expert’s guide to skier parking in Vail and Avon
- Another side of Shakey Graves at Belly Up Aspen
- Four days of Snow Days begins Thursday
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Vail Resorts CEO Rob Katz gives $2 million in grants to support mental health programs
- Russian spammers the likely source of fake email bomb threats, IT experts say
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip