Vail Valley Art Guild at Gypsum Public Library
October 4, 2018
The Vail Valley Art Guild is sponsoring an exhibit that runs through the month of October at the Gypsum Public Library. The featured artist is Ben Pond, who has creates large graphite images.
Pond is an artist and educator, based in Eagle. He currently serves as a faculty member at the Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design. Pond has previously served as lecturer and gallery director at Indiana University Bloomington, and instructor of art at Colorado Mountain College in Edwards.
Exhibits across the country
Among numerous national and regional exhibitions, Pond has participated in exhibitions at Hyperlink Gallery in Chicago, RedLine Gallery in Denver, The Toledo Museum of Art in Ohio, South Bend Museum of Art in Indiana, Museum of North Carolina Asheville Tucker Cooke Gallery, Stewart Center Gallery of Perdue University, the Clara Hatton Gallery at Colorado State University and Ohio State University Hopkins Hall Gallery.
Pond's artwork has been published in drawing and poetry journals, including "Ninth Letter," Manifest Creative Research Gallery and Drawing Center's "International Drawing Annual 7" and "Poetry East."
Also included in the exhibit are works by local photographers.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Vail Ski Swap will return for 49th year on Oct. 26
- 7 great hikes in and around the Vail Valley
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Iconic rock band Kansas to play anniversary concert the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek
- Relationships: the roots of infidelity
- Two people, a dog injured after vehicle crashes through garage in Edwards
- A community battles back: Vail rallies around rebuilding what terrorists destroyed in 1998 fire
- Bear sighting in Avon, video captured in resident’s backyard
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Pitkin County Courthouse ICE arrest likely a first