3-year-old dies in accidental hanging | VailDaily.com
YOUR AD HERE »

3-year-old dies in accidental hanging

FIRESTONE, Colorado – A 3-year-old boy has died in an accidental hanging on the cords of a window blind.

Weld County, Colorado, coroner investigator Corinna Pina-Belmarez said it appeared the boy was trying to look out a window Thursday when he became entangled in the cords and asphyxiated.

Daniel David Sutton was pronounced dead at the Firestone home Thursday.

Pina-Belmarez said the boy’s mother and sister found him hanging from the window blind cords when they went into a room to wake him up from a nap. Authorities did not release the names of the parents.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has ordered a massive recall of window blinds, stating that 120 children have died from strangulation in the past 20 years. The Window Covering Safety Council offers free repair kits by calling (800) 506-4636.

Information from: Greeley Daily Tribune, http://greeleytribune.com


Support Local Journalism


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User