Annual LG Tri at Eagle Saturday
July 7, 2016
EAGLE — The eighth annual LG Tri Sprint Triathlon will be held at the Eagle Pool & Ice Rink on Saturday starting at 7 a.m. The fourth annual LG Kids' Tri will take place at the same location at 10 a.m. For more information or to register online go to http://www.lgtri.com.
The triathlon includes a 500-yard swim, which is equivalent to 10 laps in the Eagle Pool, a 12-mile bike loop along Brush Creek Road and a 5K run in Eagle Ranch. Participants can sign up as individuals or members of a team. An award ceremony with prizes from many local companies and silent auction, including items such as a Vail Resorts kid's ski lesson, hotel stays, dining gift certificates, Colorado Rockies tickets and more, will follow the race. Everyone who participates should go home with a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment, and, of course, an event goodie bag.
About LG Kids' Tri
The LG Kids' Tri includes three age groups: 6 to 7; 8 to 10; and 11 to 13. The 6 to 7 age route will be a 25-yard swim (a length of the pool), a 2.5-mile bike ride and a half-mile run. The 8 to 10 age route will be a 50-yard swim (one lap in the pool), a 3.2-mile bike ride and a .75-mile run. The 11 to 13 age route will be a 100-yard swim (two laps in the pool), a five-mile bike ride and one-mile run.
Online registration is closed, but last-minute registrations will be taken today during packet pick-up at the Eagle Pool & Ice Rink today from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
This event was started to honor the memory of a long-time local and Vail Valley Charitable Fund beneficiary, Laura Genelin, who lost her battle to cancer in July 2008. Proceeds from the LG Tri will benefit the Vail Valley Charitable Fund, a nonprofit that has been helping locals since 1996.
Recommended Stories For You
Presenting sponsors are Vail Valley Medical Center and the Vail Daily. Other sponsors include Eagle Outside, Alpine Bank, Adair Dental, Axis Sports Medicine, S&H Roofing, Calvary Chapel Vail Valley, Architectural Engineering Consultants, Eagle Ranch Fitness Center, Gallegos Corp., Comerford Insurance, WECMRD, Vail Resorts, United Way, Vail Valley Cares, TV8, KZYR and High Country Copiers.
Trending In: Announcements
- Xcel Energy, Colorado’s largest utility, committed to going 100 percent carbon-free by 2050
- Park Hyatt hotel hires new general manager
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opens lift-serviced expansion into the Beavers
- Montera named CEO of ambulance district
- Avalanche airbag has become an integral option for backcountry safety equipment
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Can a hashtag make driving Vail Pass more safe during the winter months?
- Some Vail Valley residents felt small earthquakes that hit Glenwood Springs