Avon seeks mobile vendor cart operators
July 14, 2015
AVON — Town of Avon officials are requesting proposals from qualified entrepreneurs and businesses to own and operate mobile vending carts in Avon's commercial core. The Avon Town Council recently approved the use of vending carts in designated locations, specifically on Avon's recently constructed Main Street Mall, including Possibility Plaza, in order to support new small business opportunity, attract activity to the mall and town core and to enhance the visitor and resident experience.
Vendors are allowed to sell retail merchandise or food, such as coffee and crepes. Alcohol vendors will not be permitted.
Possible Cart Locations
The town anticipates awarding up to five vending cart permits in the Main Street Mall, one near Avon Station and one at Kayak Park. Opportunities for permitting on private commercial property, with proper owner and homeowner association permission, are also allowed. Initial permits are expected to be for one year, with yearly renewal options for two additional years. Vendors will have the option of obtaining a seasonal or yearly permit.
The town will accept proposals on a rolling basis beginning immediately and continue to review applications until all designated spaces have been filled.
Trending In: Announcements
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife