Avon to test off-leash dog park
August 17, 2015
AVON — Local dogs and their owners are invited to check out the new off-leash dog area in Nottingham Park.
The off-leash area is open for a trial period and will run through Nov. 1 between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. to evaluate the opportunity for dog owners to have some time in the park for off-leash activity. The designated area is located in the northeast section of Nottingham Park between the fishing pier and the sedimentation pond. If dog owners are responsible in returning dogs to full-time leash compliance outside of the test period, then the town will look to make the off-leash hours permanent. Currently, dogs must be on a leash in all areas of the park at all times.
Rules and Regulations
Owners will be responsible for their dogs at all times while using the off-leash area and must follow specific rules and regulations, which are posted on park signs. Rules include:
• Off-leash dogs must remain within the designated area.
• Off-leash dogs must be under vocal control by owners.
Recommended Stories For You
• Owners are responsible for immediate cleanup and disposal of all dog waste.
For more information, call 970-748-4118.
Trending In: Announcements
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday