Avon to test off-leash dog park
August 17, 2015
AVON — Local dogs and their owners are invited to check out the new off-leash dog area in Nottingham Park.
The off-leash area is open for a trial period and will run through Nov. 1 between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. to evaluate the opportunity for dog owners to have some time in the park for off-leash activity. The designated area is located in the northeast section of Nottingham Park between the fishing pier and the sedimentation pond. If dog owners are responsible in returning dogs to full-time leash compliance outside of the test period, then the town will look to make the off-leash hours permanent. Currently, dogs must be on a leash in all areas of the park at all times.
Rules and Regulations
Owners will be responsible for their dogs at all times while using the off-leash area and must follow specific rules and regulations, which are posted on park signs. Rules include:
• Off-leash dogs must remain within the designated area.
• Off-leash dogs must be under vocal control by owners.
Recommended Stories For You
• Owners are responsible for immediate cleanup and disposal of all dog waste.
For more information, call 970-748-4118.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- “Kavanaugh, get used to it”: Breckenridge bartender gets stiffed — with a message
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move