Batter Cupcakes opens a brunch Biscuit Bar
February 5, 2015
AVON — Batter, a Vail Valley-based gourmet cupcake company familiar at farmer's markets and local coffee shops, is busier than usual right now.
In honor of the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships, Batter Cupcakes is featuring a pop-up brunch Biscuit Bar. Through Feb. 15, Batter's doors are open from 11 a.m. — 8 p.m. daily at the company's new retail location in the Slifer, Smith and Frampton Center in Avon. The Biscuit Bar menu will also be available at the Batter tent during Apres Avon from 2 to 5:30 p.m. daily.
The Biscuit Bar at Batter will feature menu items including locally sourced fried chicken tenders from West Vail's Yellowbelly, Denver-based Tender Belly bacon and Batter's scratch-made buttermilk biscuits. Handmade sauces including Sriracha mayo and honey butter will also be available. Only at the retail shop, Batter is offering free coffee with a Biscuit Bar purchase.
The Biscuit Bar at Batter was an idea that came from owner, Liz Rackoff's southern roots.
"I wanted to combine the comfort of southern goodness with locally-sourced, free-range products," Rackoff said. "The relationship with Yellowbelly in Vail and Tender Belly in Denver has been the perfect base for this idea to really take off."
Taste True Local Flavor
Recommended Stories For You
Stop by Batter's tent at Apres Avon or their retail store today to have a taste of true local flavor. Start off apres with their Biscuit Bar before the first notes of the afternoon concerts begin and wander across the street to the bakeshop afterward to take cupcakes home for dessert. Locally sourced, community driven and always delicious, stop by for The Biscuit Bar at Batter as you enjoy all the Vail Valley has to offer.
For more information, go to http://www.batter cupcakes.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Caller demands cryptocurrency ransom in fake Vail bomb threat, second local threat in two weeks
- Vail Valley’s housing problem is obvious, but answers are harder to find; here’s a list of projects currently in the works
- Eagle’s Broadway Station will bring commercial, residential to Eagle’s downtown
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts to begin June 11; family claims VR was negligent, VR denies it
- Minturn trailer park closing and land to be home to new rentals, owners say