Bridge column repairs scheduled for Tuesday through Friday near East Vail
November 14, 2016
VAIL — The Colorado Department of Transportation will be repairing several bridge columns on the I-70 underpass at mile point 180 in East Vail beginning Tuesday morning. The project is scheduled to be complete by Friday. Crews will begin work at 8 a.m. each day and end at 4 p.m.
Traffic control will be alternating in one lane, and delays of 5-10 minutes should be expected.
The column repair is necessary to replace crumbling concrete that has delaminated due to wear and tear through the years. This project was awarded to G.A. Western Construction. The cost of the repair is $19,500.
Trending In: Announcements
- Bomb threat emails, allegedly from Russian spammers, cause scares nationwide
- Vail Resorts stock took epic tumble Friday
- Jury convicts former Lake County undersheriff Fernando Mendoza guilty of aggravated incest
- Glenwood Springs rattled by earthquakes early Tuesday morning
- Was that comment about ‘peasants’ riding the bus intended to be funny? (letter)