Bridge column repairs scheduled for Tuesday through Friday near East Vail
November 14, 2016
VAIL — The Colorado Department of Transportation will be repairing several bridge columns on the I-70 underpass at mile point 180 in East Vail beginning Tuesday morning. The project is scheduled to be complete by Friday. Crews will begin work at 8 a.m. each day and end at 4 p.m.
Traffic control will be alternating in one lane, and delays of 5-10 minutes should be expected.
The column repair is necessary to replace crumbling concrete that has delaminated due to wear and tear through the years. This project was awarded to G.A. Western Construction. The cost of the repair is $19,500.
Trending In: Announcements
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Aspen girl speaks out in video about alleged rape
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail