Christmas tree recycling available curbside in Vail
February 11, 2016
VAIL — Free curbside collection of discarded Christmas trees will take place in Vail on Saturday through Jan. 31.
Trees must be free of lights, tinsel, ornaments, stands and plastic wrapping. Also, trees should be left whole; do not cut trees into sections. Trees should be placed at the side of the road so as not to block the roadway.
Crews will make regular sweeps through town to collect the trees. If your tree isn't picked up within a few days, then please notify the Vail Public Works Department by calling 970-479-2158. Trees also may be dropped off from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the public works shops on Elkhorn Drive north of the Vail golf course. The trees are chipped and turned into mulch for the town's summer landscaping program.
For more information, call the Vail Public Works Department at 970-479-2158.
Trending In: Announcements
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte on Saturday
- Vail’s Mikaela Shiffrin four-peats in worlds slalom
- 4 Colorado State Patrol troopers hit in 4 days
- Lost skier at Steamboat Resort finds cellphone in lift shack to call for help
- Vail Resorts partnership with Arapahoe Basin will end after 2018-19 season