Christmas tree recycling available curbside in Vail
February 11, 2016
VAIL — Free curbside collection of discarded Christmas trees will take place in Vail on Saturday through Jan. 31.
Trees must be free of lights, tinsel, ornaments, stands and plastic wrapping. Also, trees should be left whole; do not cut trees into sections. Trees should be placed at the side of the road so as not to block the roadway.
Crews will make regular sweeps through town to collect the trees. If your tree isn't picked up within a few days, then please notify the Vail Public Works Department by calling 970-479-2158. Trees also may be dropped off from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the public works shops on Elkhorn Drive north of the Vail golf course. The trees are chipped and turned into mulch for the town's summer landscaping program.
For more information, call the Vail Public Works Department at 970-479-2158.
Trending In: Announcements
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Full Vail Snow Days lineup announced