Comments sought about Colorado River permits
KREMMLING — The Bureau of Land Management Kremmling Field Office is seeking public comment regarding 10 new commercial special recreation permit applications and five permit modifications for the Upper Colorado River Corridor and surrounding areas within Grand, Eagle and Summit counties.
The bureau accepted permit applications for specific niches from June 1 to Dec. 31. The bureau ranks permit applications using specific criteria, including type and quality of customer service, experience, business plan and overall quality of the application. New permit applications under consideration are:
• Trout Trickers (float fishing).
• Fly Fishing Outfitters (float fishing).
• Fish on Colorado (float fishing).
• Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides (float fishing and rafting).
• Mo Henry’s (float fishing).
• Soft Side Up (stand-up paddleboarding).
• East Grand School District (rafting).
• SportAid, doing business as Lifelines (rafting).
• Renaissance (rafting).
• Above and Beyond (rafting).
Permit modifications under consideration are:
• Arkansas Valley Adventures (shuttle of rental equipment)
• Gore Range Expeditions, doing business as Stand Up Paddle (shuttle of rental equipment)
• Adventures in Whitewater (shuttle service and stand-up paddleboard/kayak)
• Blue Quill (float fishing)
• Devil’s Thumb (float fishing and rafting)
For more information on each applicant’s specific niche, then please check the Kremmling Field Office’s website at bit.ly/blmpermits. To provide comment on the applications, call Hannah Schechter at 970-724-3008. Comments due by March 14.
Support Local Journalism
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User