County to host forums on housing, climate change
February 11, 2016
EAGLE COUNTY — The Eagle County commissioners are inviting the public to participate in a series of Community Conversations this winter on three topics: housing, climate change and early childhood development.
The Community Conversations are intended to engage residents and business owners in discussions with elected officials, expert panelists and each other on topics critical to the region. The format for the evenings will include dinner at 5:30 p.m., followed by panel presentations and a group discussion from 6 to 8 p.m. facilitated by one of the county commissioners. All events are free, however, RSVPs are requested.
The first two Community Conversations will cover affordable housing and climate change and will feature panelists from Community Builders, the Summit Combined Housing Authority and the Eagle County Housing Department.
The schedule to-date is as follows:
• Thursday, Jan. 28, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Topic: housing. Eagle County Paramedic Services Building, 1055 Edwards Village Blvd., Edwards. RSVP by Sunday.
• Thursday, March 17, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Topic: climate change. Eagle County Paramedic Services Building, 1055 Edwards Village Blvd., Edwards. RSVP by March 13.
Recommended Stories For You
Community Conversations on early childhood development are planned for April, with dates to be determined.
For additional information or to RSVP for the events, email email@example.com or call 970-328-8605.
Trending In: Announcements
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Beaver Creek extends hours, opens more terrain Saturday
- Vail Pass upgrades will have to balance needs of motorists, cyclists, wildlife