Eagle County senior calendar
Upcoming senior events
• Wednesday: New! Medicare counseling will be held every Wednesday from 10:30-2:30 at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Must call 328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Friday: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Come enjoy great conversation about all things books! Coffee, tea and goodies provided.
• Friday: N’Balance: evidence-based falls prevention exercise class at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 10:30. The class will take place every Friday for 8 weeks. • Friday: Non-medical foot care at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center, 9:30-11:30. Must call 328-2812 for an appointment.
• Monday, March 27: Shopping trip to Avon Walmart, Home Depot, etc. Bus will leave the Golden Eagle Senior Center at 10:00 a.m. and return a bit after noon. Please call 328-8896 for more information or to sign up.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Are you 60 or better and interested in an exciting bus tour of New Mexico? Join other local seniors for a 5 day tour of New Mexico, April 23-28. Bus will pick up to leave in Eagle and Minturn. $700 per person – includes all transportation, lodging, activities and food. Call 328-8896 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, please visit: http://www.eaglecounty.us/PublicHealth/Healthy_Aging/Overview/
Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway Eagle, 970-328-8896; Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (VSSA building): 1951 Highway 24 Minturn, 970-328-8831