Eagle County seniors have an event-filled calendar this week
June 19, 2017
Upcoming events for seniors
• Today: Blood pressure and blood glucose testing at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 11:30 a.m. No sign-up necessary, first come, first served.
• Today: Massages at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 1 p.m. $10 for 20 minutes. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesday: Haircuts at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 1 p.m. No charge. Must call 970-328-8896 to sign up.
Wednesday: Poker game at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 1 p.m. No sign-up necessary. All levels welcome. Don't know how to play poker, but are interested? This group loves to teach beginners.
• Thursday: Breakfast by the river. Meet at Little Beach in Minturn at 9 a.m. Potluck breakfast. Enjoy beautiful scenery and good conversation over a cup of coffee.
Recommended Stories For You
• Friday: Non-medical foot care at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Must call 970-328-8831 for an appointment. Available from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Friday: Book Lover's Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m. Captivating conversation on book genres, authors, coffee, tea and goodies provided. No sign up necessary.
• Thursday, June 29: Caregiver Education Series: Legal and Tax Considerations for Caregivers, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Gypsum Library. Ann Hutchison, attorney and Robert Mann, CPA will present. Free. Call 970-977-0188 for more information.
• Tuesdays: Join the Joint Relief water class at the Avon Recreation Center each Tuesday from 10 to 11 a.m. Cost: $2 per class. Come enjoy and reduce your arthritic pain while improving your range of motion and strength.
• Wednesdays: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness center, 10 a.m. each Wednesday. Call 970-328-8831 for information.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling is held every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Please call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: Senior yoga classes at Yoga off Broadway in Eagle, from 9:45 to 10:30 a.m. There's a $5 drop-in rate, no sign-up necessary. Call 970-328-9642 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, go to http://www.eaglecounty.us/PublicHealth/Healthy_Aging/Overview/.
Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building): 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.
Trending In: Announcements
- Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling grows to 3,198 acres; air quality advisory in effect for Eagle County
- Vail Valley’s most extravagant outdoor water users facing fines, disconnection
- Gypsum Town Council approves 591-unit Siena Lake proposal
- Lives in progress, a thing to behold: Carol Conger helped thousands of Vail Valley people start life right
- Ask a Realtor: When should I get an appraisal on my property? (column)