Eagle County seniors have an event-filled calendar this week
Upcoming events for seniors
• Today: Blood pressure and blood glucose testing at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 11:30 a.m. No sign-up necessary, first come, first served.
• Today: Massages at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 1 p.m. $10 for 20 minutes. Call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesday: Haircuts at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 1 p.m. No charge. Must call 970-328-8896 to sign up.
Wednesday: Poker game at the Golden Eagle Senior Center, 1 p.m. No sign-up necessary. All levels welcome. Don’t know how to play poker, but are interested? This group loves to teach beginners.
Participate in The Longevity Project
The Longevity Project is an annual campaign to help educate readers about what it takes to live a long, fulfilling life in our valley. This year Kevin shares his story of hope and celebration of life with his presentation Cracked, Not Broken as we explore the critical and relevant topic of mental health.
• Thursday: Breakfast by the river. Meet at Little Beach in Minturn at 9 a.m. Potluck breakfast. Enjoy beautiful scenery and good conversation over a cup of coffee.
• Friday: Non-medical foot care at Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center. Must call 970-328-8831 for an appointment. Available from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
• Friday: Book Lover’s Coffee Klatch, 10:30 a.m. Captivating conversation on book genres, authors, coffee, tea and goodies provided. No sign up necessary.
• Thursday, June 29: Caregiver Education Series: Legal and Tax Considerations for Caregivers, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Gypsum Library. Ann Hutchison, attorney and Robert Mann, CPA will present. Free. Call 970-977-0188 for more information.
• Tuesdays: Join the Joint Relief water class at the Avon Recreation Center each Tuesday from 10 to 11 a.m. Cost: $2 per class. Come enjoy and reduce your arthritic pain while improving your range of motion and strength.
• Wednesdays: Hiking/Nordic walking groups continue at the Maloit Park Senior Wellness center, 10 a.m. each Wednesday. Call 970-328-8831 for information.
• Wednesdays: Medicare counseling is held every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Golden Eagle Senior Center. Please call 970-328-8896 to sign up for a spot.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays: Senior yoga classes at Yoga off Broadway in Eagle, from 9:45 to 10:30 a.m. There’s a $5 drop-in rate, no sign-up necessary. Call 970-328-9642 for more information.
To learn more about ongoing activities for seniors, go to http://www.eaglecounty.us/PublicHealth/Healthy_Aging/Overview/.
Golden Eagle Senior Center: 715 Broadway St., Eagle, 970-328-8896.
Maloit Park Senior Wellness Center (Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy building): 1951 U.S. Highway 24, Minturn, 970-328-8831.