Eagle County’s Rotary Clubs award scholarships
June 13, 2014
EAGLE COUNTY — The Rotary clubs of Edwards and Vail recently announced that they have awarded $26,500 to 21 seniors and two returning college students. All six local high schools had at least one award winner. Vail Rotary club established the first scholarship program in the Vail Valley.
"The process of selecting Rotary's scholarship winners is very rewarding and encouraging," said Michael Glass, chairperson of the Vail Rotary scholarship committee. "All of the applicants have impressive resumes, engaging personalities and strong community service backgrounds. The Rotary clubs appreciate the generous support of our local communities that help us to generate scholarship funds that we can distribute to such deserving students."
The two returning college students are Timothy Liccardi to the University of Colorado and Emma Lathrop to the University of Arizona.
High school scholarship recipients are:
• Battle Mountain High School: Woody Brook, Karely Duran, Abigail Harrison, Haley Hervert, Thelma Juarez, Melissa Law, Alexandra Teague, Joselin Torrez and Ryan Wood.
• Eagle Valley High School: Katherine Andrews, Morgan Felton, Samantha Lay, Jacob Morrison and Karla Roblendo.
Recommended Stories For You
• Vail Christian High School: Samantha Hancock, Aime Hixon, Haylie Lengel and Vanessa Siriwalothakul.
• Vail Mountain School: Erika Charles.
• Red Canyon High School: Michael El-Bitar.
• Vail Ski & Snowboard Academy: Delaney Patterson.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Loveland man dies in East Vail crash. No one else injured in Sunday evening accident
- Former Vail Valley arts patron Alberto Vilar trying to enjoy what’s left of his life after 10-year prison stint
- Comedians Steve Martin and Martin Short to perform at Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail
- Town of Vail likely to change short-term rental regulations in response to complaints