Eagle marketing group seeks five new members
February 11, 2016
EAGLE — The Eagle Marketing and Events Committee is looking for five new members.
The nine-member Marketing and Events Advisory Committee is appointed by the Eagle Town Board to make recommendations about event support and funding. The committee meets at 8:30 a.m. on the first Thursday of each month at Eagle Town Hall for approximately 90 minutes. The committee is supported by Eagle's marking and event coordinator and one member of the town board is appointed to participate in the committee. Committee meetings are a round-table format and the public is encouraged to attend and provide input.
Marketing and Events Committee responsibilities include:
• Soliciting and evaluating special event proposals for cash and/or in-kind funding from the Eagle marketing and events budget.
• Overseeing town-funded events, event producers and event promoters.
Recommended Stories For You
• Creating event reporting requirements and evaluating event reports.
• Recommending allocation of funds for special events to the town board for approval.
• Evaluating community grant requests and recommending funding to the town board for approval
• Providing input and direction for the overall marketing and events budget and strategic plans.
• Other functions designated by the Eagle Town Board.
Any volunteer interested in serving on the committee must be a resident of the town of Eagle, or own real property, or own a business or be employed within the town. There are four two-year terms and one one-year term up for renewal or appointment.
Anyone interested in serving should submit a letter of interest outlining his or her experience and reason for wishing to serve on the committee to interim town manager Jenny Rakow at jenny.rakow@townof eagle.org. The letter of interest deadline is Feb. 12 and the town board will make its appointments on Feb. 25.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move