Eagle Valley’s athletic director earns national honors for administration
December 23, 2016
INDIANAPOLIS — Eagle Valley High School's Tami Payne has been named a certified athletic administrator by the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association.
Payne, Eagle Valley's assistant principal and athletic director, earned the certification by demonstrating "the highest level of knowledge and expertise in the field of interscholastic athletic administration," the NIAAA said in making the announcement.
The voluntary certification process includes an evaluation of the candidate's educational background, experience and professional contributions, as well as a comprehensive written examination.
The NIAAA is a national professional organization consisting of all 50 state athletic administrator associations and more than 10,000 individual members. It is dedicated to promoting the professional growth of high school athletic administrators and preserving the educational nature of interscholastic athletics and the place of these programs in the secondary school curriculum.
Trending In: Announcements
- Colorado’s mom-and-pop ski areas are slipping away
- I-70 standoff suspect allegedly stabbed ‘good Samaritan’
- Does cannabis cost, or pay? CCU study claims marijuana costs $4.50 for every $1 it generates
- Winter Park Resort named best ski resort in North America by USA Today
- Obermeyer’s throwback styles make a comeback for 2019