Fire district to host open house
July 13, 2016
AVON — Eagle River Fire Protection District will host an open house at Station 7 in Avon on Saturday. The event, which will feature fun for the whole family — including interactive displays, games and information, as well as hot dogs straight off the grill — is free and open to the public and will run from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. The station is located at 351 Benchmark Road in Avon.
Kids can try their hand at squirting a fire hose at a "burning" building, learn about fire apparatus and how firefighters use thermal imaging cameras to locate people in low visibility situations. Adults can learn about ways to be prepared for an emergency and important tips for creating "defensible space" around their homes.
For more information, contact Tracy LeClair at 970-471-5284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area COO Henceroth chimes in on Opening Day
- Feeling trolled, Breckenridge residents want popular, wooden sculpture removed
- Colorado ski season kicks off at Wolf Creek Ski Area
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- In Avon, a controversial move will be discussed in building which was the subject of a controversial move