Fire district to host open house
July 13, 2016
AVON — Eagle River Fire Protection District will host an open house at Station 7 in Avon on Saturday. The event, which will feature fun for the whole family — including interactive displays, games and information, as well as hot dogs straight off the grill — is free and open to the public and will run from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. The station is located at 351 Benchmark Road in Avon.
Kids can try their hand at squirting a fire hose at a "burning" building, learn about fire apparatus and how firefighters use thermal imaging cameras to locate people in low visibility situations. Adults can learn about ways to be prepared for an emergency and important tips for creating "defensible space" around their homes.
For more information, contact Tracy LeClair at 970-471-5284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Announcements
- Skier dies after crash at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Woman falls through ice in Edwards attempting to rescue dog from pond
- More than 2,400 petition signatures oppose Berlaimont plan north of Edwards
- Trust your gut: Man at center of I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Head ski equipment company leading the way for lighter, performance-based boots